Symbian OS Doubt's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
My friend is having Nokia's 3230 which is running Symbian Os v8(I guess). I am using Ericsson's K790i(Java Phone), when we tranfer somefiles in bluetooth it always get saved in messages. Is there any way to save files in Memory card, and moreover when he connects to the internet(using airtel gprs service) and dowload software stuff's that's not supported by the phone, it's not accepted. It also automatically protects the *.sis files and prevent them to transfer to any other Phone.Guy's i want to know whether it is with all Symbian phones or is it only with 3230.

mayneu

Journeyman
Pravas said:
My friend is having Nokia's 3230 which is running Symbian Os v8(I guess). I am using Ericsson's K790i(Java Phone), when we tranfer somefiles in bluetooth it always get saved in messages. Is there any way to save files in Memory card, and moreover when he connects to the internet(using airtel gprs service) and dowload software stuff's that's not supported by the phone, it's not accepted. It also automatically protects the *.sis files and prevent them to transfer to any other Phone.Guy's i want to know whether it is with all Symbian phones or is it only with 3230.
u can fix this problem with some modding. r u ready?
i agree that nokia handsets are user friendly, so its easy to make it store in memory card. where as sony phones are java phones as u said. i dont know why the manufacturers have done like that.
anyway, here is the link for ur problem. just search around this forum.
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?
this will help u i guess.rep me if u like this tip.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You can send those protected files using Fexplorer, which you can download from www.gosymbian.com

And that protection is spread across all S60 OS phones. It helps protect the spread of viruses and Copyrighted Material.

K

krazyfrog

To store messages in memory card, i'll suggest you download a software called MsvDriveE. Then install it on your memory card and activate it. Then all your messages will get stored to memory card, including ones recieved via bluetooth.

Yes, Symbian phones automatically recognises the software and does not permit installation if its not supported by the OS.
In older Symbian phones (ones before 6600), files with extension sis could be sent via bluetooth. But in newer phones it is not permitted. To bypass this security measure, you'll have to locate the file through FExplorer or SmartFileMan and rename it. E.g. If the file is xyz.sis rename it to xyz.si (i.e. Change the extension so that the os does not recognise it and permits sending it via bluetooth). Now it can be sent.

mayneu

Journeyman
guys, what pravas is asking here is he cannot perform the above mentioned task in his sony erricson phone. not in a nokia phone. almost all people are aware of softwares for symbian OS and which one does what. i am not condemning u people, but the question is different & ur answers are different.
thats what pravas mean by that question right???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well from wat i hav heard is tht u cant dwnld files not supportd by ur fone and in this i dont know y but for some reason (may be non-backward compatibility) the sis files u dwnld using ur 3230 wont be dwnldd coz those files are for previous symbian fones and the symbian 8 os does not support older sis files ..... a

for saving files to memory card .... 3230 shud hv the option if not then thr will b an app available ... 750i no idea .... neva used it

Pathik

Google Bot
u can transfer ny sis file to any fone.. using file managers...
Use msvdrive to store msgs to mem.card in 3230...
and afaik ther s not ny such restriction on downloading sis files in airtel or ny other provider...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom