swiftfox 2.0 on Debian/Ubuntu is faster than Root Firefox 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Swiftfox is an optimized build of Mozilla Firefox. Swiftfox has builds for both AMD and Intel processors. The 2.0 release is based on Firefox 2.0.

The trunk is the most cutting edge of all the builds and is where Firefox 3 is being developed.

Branch builds are built from a code base that has been tested much more than the trunk and therefore should be considered to be more stable.

Swiftfox 2.0.1pre is from the 1.8 branch which is where Mozilla tests security patches and other minor fixes before they release the next Firefox update. If you want your security patches as soon as possible and require a browser built from a stable code base this build is perfect for you.
*getswiftfox.com/
debian/ubuntu .debs available at:
*getswiftfox.com/debian.htm

*getswiftfox.com/debian.htm

Firefox 2.0 on Debian

As everybody knows the mozilla team just released the latest version of Firefox (ver: 2.0). This will take a little time until, it will fall in the Debian. But you can find an optimized build for here called Swiftfox in debian package. So let's go ;)

And last, but not least the optimized version, go quite really fast ;)

Enjoy
*www.larsen-b.com/Article/242.html

##Swiftfox Repository for debian ubuntu
Code:
deb *getswiftfox.com/builds/debian unstable non-free
So is it really fast?presently am d/ling ;)

Last edited:
S

sariq

installed it on xubuntu. but when i open it firefox is opened - in both case from menu & terminal.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
first remove firefox browser? or run from commandline "swiftfox" that's it.also download the one which is named with your pc's architecture.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
best if two compile firefox from the source, i did that few days back and its certainly faster than default

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the info @Prakash. I have already tweaked FireFox.It loads pages faster for sure.
Anyway I'll give SwiftFox a try.

eddie

El mooooo
Also, Linux users should try disabling pango for Firefox in their environment. AFAIK only Ubuntu and Gentoo are doing it at the moment. This will give you a significant boost in page rendering and reduce the load put by Firefox on your system.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Actually its' Kalpik who posted p0rN with different name just to try out all the features he received with Green.. :grin: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom