Status
Not open for further replies.

niku_19jan

Broken In
hi al
while surfing net, suddenly a error occured saying svchost.exe has encountered some problem. a problem has been detected & windows has been shut down
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

SO HELP GUYS.....

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I guess you have USB Universal Reader from Lexar Media, Inc. It has some compatibility issue with Windows XP. If it is so, you need to get the latest update of the driver from Lexar Media.

If no, then

the problem is due to Windows running out of swap file size. In that case you need to free some hard disk space and also increase swap file size. To increase the swap file size...

>Right-click My Computer > Properties
>System Properties >Advanced
>Performance Options
>Virtual memory>'Change' to increase the paging file.
>Click OK

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
here at *support.microsoft.com/kb/q222635/

also check *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38732&highlight=Blue+Screen and down,load the bsod primer.

general troubleshooting :

Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
If you’ve recently added new hardware, remove it and retest.
Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.
Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date.
However, if you’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
Confirm that all of your hardware is on the Hardware Compatibility List. If some of it isn’t, then pay particular attention to the non-HCL hardware in your troubleshooting.
Check for viruses.
Investigate recently added software.
Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
*aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

OP
niku_19jan

niku_19jan

Broken In
thnks to u all, actually the prob was i had installed new drivers n they wer mixed with trojan so nw i installed kv n evrything is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom