SUSE not able to detect LG Studiowork 500G monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Suse 10.2 is not able to detect my LG Studiowork 500G monitor .. Any one of u know the settings for Studiowork 500G monitor i.e Display size X-axis ,Y-axis and horizontal and vertical frequencies ...and any other seting for maual set up ..

TIA

NucleusKore

TheSaint
The nice thing in SuSE is the ability to run YasT2 even in the command line mode. So all you have to do is

1. Wait for your login screen to show up
2. If you see a graphical login press ctrl+alt+F1 to get a text login screen
3. Login as root
4. At prompt type yast and press enter
5. Now you will get YaST2 control panel like you do in the normal GUI mode, except that here your mouse will not work, you will have to navigate using the following keys, Tab to toggle between the left and right panels, arrow keys to move up and down in those panels, enter key to start/open any service, and spacebar to tick/untick
6. Go to Hardware-> Graphics card and monitor
7. SaX2 will open, and in that you can autoprobe your monitor and configure it. First see if it detects your monitor correctly, many a time the detection is simply wrong. Don't fiddle with the frequencies, try changing the aspect ratios and colour depths. And lastly, test the configuration before you save.

All the best

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
NucleusKore said:
The nice thing in SuSE is the ability to run YasT2 even in the command line mode. So all you have to do is

1. Wait for your login screen to show up
2. If you see a graphical login press ctrl+alt+F1 to get a text login screen
3. Login as root
4. At prompt type yast and press enter
5. Now you will get YaST2 control panel like you do in the normal GUI mode, except that here your mouse will not work, you will have to navigate using the following keys, Tab to toggle between the left and right panels, arrow keys to move up and down in those panels, enter key to start/open any service, and spacebar to tick/untick
6. Go to Hardware-> Graphics card and monitor
7. SaX2 will open, and in that you can autoprobe your monitor and configure it. First see if it detects your monitor correctly, many a time the detection is simply wrong. Don't fiddle with the frequencies, try changing the aspect ratios and colour depths. And lastly, test the configuration before you save.

All the best

thankx for helping me but sir my problem is little bit wired type sometimes I m able to login Suse in GUI mode and sometimes my linux box is showing be black screen of death . Right now I m using GUI mode to post this....so I think I can skip 5 steps .

I tried changing my monitor setting here only(SaX2) but i don't know exact settings .

Can some1 provide with me settings like Display size X-axis ,Y-axis and horizontal and vertical frequencies for my monitor

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Nope this is not i wanted
i wanted the dimensions of the desktop which we chage though the buttons on the monitor

i have googled a lot
useless

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
tech_your_future said:
Check the manual that came with your monitor or look it up on LG's site.

i lost my manual and LG's site is not having ny info bout my problem LG 500G

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Vertical Refresh Rate - 30-54
Horizontal Refresh rate - 50 - 120
Max Resolution - 1024x768 @ 60 Hz

Usually this much is enuff for configuring monitors. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom