Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Today I installed Suse Personal 9.1, It worked fine without 3d Hardware acceleration. Now I want help on the following things :
1) I want the taskbar to cover whole bottom desktop, like the taskbar in WINDOWS
2) I m not able to play mp3s in inbuilt audio player, that is there is no sound output
3) I want to download 9.2, where can I find it, on novell’s site it says : It is not possible to generate installation CDs from a complete download.
4) I want the double click to open files in LINUX

Pls help. :lol:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
1. go to your control panel... there you can change the taskbar size from 'appearance'

2. can u play other formats?

4. double click :p... you can open some programs by double clicking.. but with the exception of RPMs and DEBs... you can only install by compiling the source

To run programs by just clicking on them... you can add them to the taskbar and specify the location of the file.

h4xbox

Journeyman
Contact ur local lug.. that wud help coz u can call them in their phone and they assist you to the best extent possible.

Trust me ....

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
i finally selected MANDRAKE 10.1, but new problems cropped up :
i m not able to find master volume
i m not able to run exe files from Windows Drives, from linux i haven't tried yet
i m not able to find my modem drivers for linux??

ujjwal

Padawan
I am not sure if mandrake uses alsa, but if it does, you can get the master volume control by typing the following in a terminal -

alsamixer

Windows exe files cannot be natively run on linux (heck they are different operating systems alltogether). But you can use a software called Wine for this purpose. Download the Mandrake 10.1 RPM from
*www.winehq.com/site/download

About your modem driver, which modem do you have?

ujjwal

Padawan
Good news ... linux drivers indeed exist for your modem, check www.linuxant.com

I have used these drivers during my dialup days, hopefully they will work for you too.

Quick installation instructions are here.

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
thanx man, but just one more thing, only some of the mp3s are able to play in the inbuilt player amarok, wat cud be the reason

firewall

In the zone
ujjwal said:
Good news ... linux drivers indeed exist for your modem, check www.linuxant.com

Drivers from linuxant are now paid and free of cost version has a limitations of 14.4Kbps data. This is non acceptable. why should someone pay for the driver when already paid for the device.

:)

ujjwal

Padawan
I think I have version 5.0 of the linuxant drivers, which is before they went paid. I can't be sure as I never got to try them out ...

I am uploading them at rapidshare, download them and try out.

Firewall - I completely agree with you there. Infact I didn't realise this initially, as my speeds on MTNL dialup never exceeded 2-3 kBps. Unfortunately, conexant never made linux drivers for their chipsets, and the 3rd party which did it, decided to make money out of it :(

Allright, file uploaded, you can get it here. To get the file, click the "free" option at the end of page, and wait for while.

To uncompress it, open a terminal window, cd to the directory you downloaded them to, and then use the following command -

tar xvzf hsflinmodem-5.03.27lnxtbeta03042700.tar.gz

Now enter the directory created

cd hsflinmodem-5.03.27lnxtbeta03042700

Here, read the two documentation files provided for instructions, by the following commands

less README
less INSTALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom