Suse 10 Professional? Whether to download it or not????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear friends,
i thought of downloading SUSE 10 Pro DVD ISO from
*ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/10.0/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.iso

i just want to know whether its a evalution version (will it expire after some days).
i am relatively new to linux and so i thought of downloading this and learn Linux a some extent

Ur views on whether its worth downloading???????

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
If you want to download Suse 10, you should download it from OpenSuse .. The difference between the retail version of Suse (the eval dvd which you were trying to download) and Opensuse are given here ..

Btw .. This is not the right time to download it as 10.1 is in beta stages and the Final version of Suse 10.1 will be released on 16th Feb .. so wait for some days and get the latest stable version ..

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Go for something like Ubuntu, its gr8 for newbies. And you don't need to download it. I got Ubuntu 5.10 cd's shipped by Cannical and can give it to you. Besides I got OpenSUSE 10 DVD from LFY too. You can have it I don't need it either.

praka123

left this forum longback
:D haha..but SuSE woes n00bs,as the Look and Feel is gr8,especially KDE one..And Yes SuSE is a gr8 distro with its all those packages bundled and Yast; even Europe got Fida on this distro..but I feel, debian variants are the superior ones as Debian is rock solid distro with its dpkg management tools etc..

rajas700

Youngling
it_waaznt_me said:
If you want to download Suse 10, you should download it from OpenSuse .. The difference between the retail version of Suse (the eval dvd which you were trying to download) and Opensuse are given here ..

Btw .. This is not the right time to download it as 10.1 is in beta stages and the Final version of Suse 10.1 will be released on 16th Feb .. so wait for some days and get the latest stable version ..

Is it full version?????

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
OpenSUSe is same as Suse only difference is that non-OSS software have been removed eg. no mp3 support, no acrobat reader, no flash, etc. Of course you can add all this late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom