1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Suse 10 Professional? Whether to download it or not????

Discussion in 'Internet & WWW' started by Andyiz, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andyiz

Andyiz New Member

Dear friends,
    i thought of downloading SUSE 10 Pro DVD ISO from
    http://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/10.0/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.iso

i just want to know whether its a evalution version (will it expire after some days).
    i am relatively new to linux and so i thought of downloading this and learn Linux a some extent

Ur views on whether its worth downloading???????

2. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

If you want to download Suse 10, you should download it from OpenSuse .. The difference between the retail version of Suse (the eval dvd which you were trying to download) and Opensuse are given here ..

Btw .. This is not the right time to download it as 10.1 is in beta stages and the Final version of Suse 10.1 will be released on 16th Feb .. so wait for some days and get the latest stable version ..

3. mehulved

mehulved 18 Till I Die............

Go for something like Ubuntu, its gr8 for newbies. And you don't need to download it. I got Ubuntu 5.10 cd's shipped by Cannical and can give it to you. Besides I got OpenSUSE 10 DVD from LFY too. You can have it I don't need it either.

4. praka123

praka123 left this forum longback

:D haha..but SuSE woes n00bs,as the Look and Feel is gr8,especially KDE one..And Yes SuSE is a gr8 distro with its all those packages bundled and Yast; even Europe got Fida on this distro..but I feel, debian variants are the superior ones as Debian is rock solid distro with its dpkg management tools etc..

5. rajas700

rajas700 New Member

Is it full version?????

6. mehulved

mehulved 18 Till I Die............

OpenSUSe is same as Suse only difference is that non-OSS software have been removed eg. no mp3 support, no acrobat reader, no flash, etc. Of course you can add all this late on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.