SUSE 10 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
vignesh said:
Mono is included I guess....

They have Beagle working out of the box, and without mono it will not run ;)

This is first time that I am really excited about suse, GNOME gets lots of improvement in SUSE compared to their earlier efforts.

Since Fedora is no where to be seen till feb next year, I have to install SUSE atleast for the sake of new GNOME(read Cario) and Beagle :p

Satissh S

Youngling
But Gaurav wasn't SuSe biased towards KDE?? redhat was biased towards GNOME. And I am biased towards the shell :D :)

gauravnawani

Journeyman
Satissh S said:
But Gaurav wasn't SuSe biased towards KDE?? redhat was biased towards GNOME. And I am biased towards the shell :D :)
Sure it was, but in addition to SUSE, NOVELL acquired XIMIAN also, they have bunch of one of the most innovative GNOME hackers(evolution was one of the by products), and since that time SUSE have regularly improved their GNOME section. 9.3 was an interesting distribution from this view point ;) I played with it but couldn't made myself to commit to it, also my cousin has a lot to do with it.
redhat

REDHAT did have (after 7x) a respectable KDE section. All the top of the line KDE stuff is always present in Fedora distributions since, so actually in Redhat's case it was not that bad.

I have tried Debian Sarge, although it reminded me of old hacking days, Not very advance distribution, stability bla blah. Synaptic looked like the daddy of Gnome RPM we used in Redhat 6.x and 7x. But Debian still occupies some space for the programs that cant be compiled on GCC4x

I bash around a lot, sorry no scripting since student days, bet you just cant get around without it if you are a real Linux user ;)

zegulas

Traceur
I have the suse10 final!
But not installed yet, coz i want to install it in my second hdd and its pins r broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom