SuSE 10 CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
I need the SuSE 10 CDs (all) or DVD (all)

Where can I get them, please tell me.

I am ready to pay the sender.

Please tell me.

champ_rock

champ_rock
hey man can u tell me are they the iso version's or the dvd itself.... as it costs a lot to get a cd writed for a dvd :)

Aries

Broken In
Linux For You has provided the DVD version of SUSE OSS 10. but its a compilation of the 5 CDs that is bootable. It is not the original DVD Version thats why you wont get all the packages available on the DVD.

praka123

left this forum longback
Another NEWS, Information Technology(guess) Mag got Knoppix 4.0 DVD this issue,am gonna getit right now :wink:

Aries

Broken In
prakash kerala said:
Another NEWS, Information Technology(guess) Mag got Knoppix 4.0 DVD this issue,am gonna getit right now :wink:

I got my subscribers copy and its a Knoppix CD and not DVD and the DVD contains Ubuntu 5.10

curvenger

Broken In
Aries said:
Linux For You has provided the DVD version of SUSE OSS 10. but its a compilation of the 5 CDs that is bootable. It is not the original DVD Version thats why you wont get all the packages available on the DVD.

Yes, the compile the DVD, but the original 5 CDs also doesnt include many packages, and if im not mistaken, all the packages in the 5 CDs are include in the DVD. A lot of multimedia packages can not be included in openSUSE because of legal issues and licensing.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Yeah mp3's aren't included cos of licensing problems. Also non-OSS stuff aren't included either. No, Adobe reader, realplayer or any other non opensource software has been left out. So, its out and out opensource.

praka123

left this forum longback
Got Open SuSE 10 gr8 1.yeah,like RH/Fedora,there are repos for extra plugins.i installed all
mp3(mad) plugins and few other.ALSA sounds Very Gr8 in SuSE may be 'coz Jaroslav Kysela of -his page- ALSA works with SuSE.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
vignesh said:
YA ..Linux For You

Guys i don't get this magazine in my city anymore, the book vendor who used to keep this magazine has now stopped keeping it due to low percentage of sale.

So, can anyone give me a copy of the DVD or else, let me know the full address of the magazine publisher so that I can get it from them directly.

reply at : deepak22jalan(at)sancharnet(dot)in

praka123

left this forum longback
vignesh said:
What about video..What all formats are supported ?
for video,i downloaded debian unstables xine library and gui;works OK.i apt-get libdvdcss for dvd play.
most of the packages cannot be installed from their universal package base due to the dependencies not yet into their list.this time they included smeg for gnome menu editing.another small prblm is for broadband adsl,i need to type sudo pon dsl-provider.i will try gpppon gui later. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom