Surely, The best Notebook!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaedrus

Right off the assembly line
Hello, My first post here and im not even sure under which section i shoud post this, anyway, im planning on getting a notebook and after some research i came across i-ball Emperor.As far as the configuration and features goes, its simply the best i've seen.But the problem is that i havent found even one review either in print or google.Has anyone tried/used/read a detailed review of it?

OP
P

Phaedrus

AGENT_SMITH said:
dont go for pc from such small companies
u would better go for dell, hp,or toshiba

No offence, but i think that is quite a prejudiced outlook.The most noticable difference between small companies and big MNCs i observe are after sales service and support, which by the way, is last in my list of priorities.Furthermore, its not exactly a top-secret/classified information that most of the MNCs share the same ODM along with the 'small companies'.i could give you a list of ODMs if you like.thanks again.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Can you specify the actual price of this I-ball Emporer? Except for the inbuilt tv-tuner with mpeg2 capture support (hardware?) there isnt much in the laptop as a whole and there are better laptops from mainsteam laptop brands based on the more latest 915GM/915PM chipsets. I dun think this laptop would be anythink below the 80k mark. So that makes, lets say a Acer 4601WLMi with 1.6 Ghz Centrino, 512Mb MB RAM, 15.4" WXGA TFT screen and X700 graphics adapter for a price of around 69k and a more closer Service center and after sales service than I-ball can ever give. If u still wanna go with the I-ball emporer, just make sure about the nearest Service center where you can get ur laptop fixed just in case something goes wrong.

OP
P

Phaedrus

Sourabh said:
Can you specify the actual price of this I-ball Emporer? Except for the inbuilt tv-tuner with mpeg2 capture support (hardware?) there isnt much in the laptop as a whole and there are better laptops from mainsteam laptop brands based on the more latest 915GM/915PM chipsets. I dun think this laptop would be anythink below the 80k mark. So that makes, lets say a Acer 4601WLMi with 1.6 Ghz Centrino, 512Mb MB RAM, 15.4" WXGA TFT screen and X700 graphics adapter for a price of around 69k and a more closer Service center and after sales service than I-ball can ever give. If u still wanna go with the I-ball emporer, just make sure about the nearest Service center where you can get ur laptop fixed just in case something goes wrong.

Hmm...lets see..the only area where Acer 4601WLMi beats iball Emperor is the chipset and service ( perhaps), but then again, as i mentioned in the previous post, i really don't care much for service as im going to be in such a remote place that it would take at least a week even to reach the nearest service centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom