Sun Certified Java Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
hi guys

Can you give me more info on the SCJP exam conducted by Java . Like when and where is it held and who all are eligible and etc .

And are there similar certification by IBM also .

karthik_rcs

Broken In
RE:SCJP

Hello ,
The SCJP exam is conducted by the Sun microsystem through prometric test center.

You can write the exam any weekdays in any of the prometric center. IN chennai, some centers of the NIIT also conducts.

For the Objectvies you can refer
*www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&ct=res&c...cjp_objectives.html&ei=scH-QsWsB4X2sQHAnN3FDg
su

You have 61 questions. multiple choice. Try the javaranch.com site and sun site.

karthi2811

Right off the assembly line
Ji i Thank u very much, Here i have confused much about java field, now i got a key to start my first move to become an excellent java programmer its all happened u thank u once more.

Now i confusing about which is the best training center for Java in chennai, can you guide me if you don't mind.

Then if i Selected JAVA Field then what additional course Relating to Java i would have to made? please help me thank u very much...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Very well said by karthik_rcs :)

yup, javaranch.com is really a gr8 forum to be in.. (Edit: hv u been a fan of the Head First series of Java etc.. by Kathy Sierra) ?? :D im one though... :)
---------------

Also to the Original Poster: U will hv to get urself a voucher b4 u can appear for the SCJP Exam the voucher will cost u Rs.3100 (+/-Rs.100), the voucher acts jus like a Hall Ticket and the validity of the voucer is 10 Months from the day u purchase it, so within tat period, u can plan to giv the scjp exam wenever u like but in ONLY ONE ATTEMPT.. :)

Also, the SCJP Exam on the JAVA Version 5 or ver 1.5 (its one and the same) is known as 310-055, and the latest and newest and a bit tough version is version 6 or 1.6 with the code 310-065
so if u search on google for mock exam papers (also knwn as "SCJP 310-055 Dumps") u will get many materials online..

For study material, u can also refer to a book known as HEAD FIRST: JAVA by Author Bert Bates and Kathy Sierra (Price Rs.450/-) or u can buy urself a SCJP Exam book for JAVA (version 5) wich will also include the HEAD FIRST Book in a CD (Price Rs.500/-) either of the books will help u out immensely.. :)
-----------------

To Karthi2811: Well buddy, if u hv already given the SCJP exam and wanna do a course in Java still, u can move on to sum serious stuff known as Advance Java wich concentrates on Servlets and JSP, mind u this is NOT tat easy as the Core Java (SCJP).... :)
-------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Very well said by karthik_rcs :)

yup, javaranch.com is really a gr8 forum to be in.. (Edit: hv u been a fan of the Head First series of Java etc.. by Kathy Sierra) ?? :D im one though... :)
---------------

Also to the Original Poster: U will hv to get urself a voucher b4 u can appear for the SCJP Exam the voucher will cost u Rs.3100 (+/-Rs.100), the voucher acts jus like a Hall Ticket and the validity of the voucer is 10 Months from the day u purchase it, so within tat period, u can plan to giv the scjp exam wenever u like but in ONLY ONE ATTEMPT.. :)

Also, the SCJP Exam on the JAVA Version 5 or ver 1.5 (its one and the same) is known as 310-055, and the latest and newest and a bit tough version is version 6 or 1.6 with the code 310-065
so if u search on google for mock exam papers (also knwn as "SCJP 310-055 Dumps") u will get many materials online..

For study material, u can also refer to a book known as HEAD FIRST: JAVA by Author Bert Bates and Kathy Sierra (Price Rs.450/-) or u can buy urself a SCJP Exam book for JAVA (version 5) wich will also include the HEAD FIRST Book in a CD (Price Rs.500/-) either of the books will help u out immensely.. :)
-----------------

To Karthi2811: Well buddy, if u hv already given the SCJP exam and wanna do a course in Java still, u can move on to sum serious stuff known as Advance Java wich concentrates on Servlets and JSP, mind u this is NOT tat easy as the Core Java (SCJP).... :)
-------------------

Cheers n e-peace....
Its a 4 yr old thread :p
I'm learning Java now in my JC.
TBH, the teaching sucks and I cant understand most of the concepts. (the "loops" and "arrays" are a major cause for confusion. :| )
Should I opt for some local classes or will Head First Java be enough?
(where is it available and for how much? )

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
omg.. :O:O wat the F**** i didnt noticed that.. :(

sheesh... :D neways hope it helps atleast sum1...:D

Head First Series are the BEST but not for those who are trying to learn java, for them the Complete Reference is good.. HEad First series are for those who need sum tips and crtitical points wen they are already well versed with JAva... :) (atleast this is wat the book says and i agree with it too..).. :)

So start with the COMPLETE REFERENCE JAVA2 from the Author Herbert Schildt..it will make u teach the basics and will remove all confusion..(best for college use) its a FAT book though (1200 pgs) but highly satisfying (both for impressing Professors and girls too while carrying that bbok in ur hand..lol.. :D) but

on a serious note, its really good book tat will teach u the basics.. :)
-----------
Yaa, i agree that in Jr. College, the teaching sucks bcoz the prof teaching the subject as vast as JAva, himself is confused with jus loops .. mind u Java (Core Java) is jus not about loops and arrays, its main strength is to develop a strong foundation for THREADS (multi threading), I/O, GUI.. :)
------------

Cheers n e-peac...

Last edited:
^^
Thanks dood. :)
I find Java quite interesting, but this shoddy teacher cant help me in understanding key concepts. Also, its the first time I've actually dived into a programming language.
I did get Head First from *ahem..*cough*, and I liked it, though I prefer holding a book at hand, or a good teacher at a class.
Where can I get it?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I knw wat is that *cough..cough* source..lol.. :D

Well, u can get it from any good books shop.. in Mumbai (as ur location says) u can get it from Parle Book Center (Vile Parle West) or if u live sumwhere else..say Kandivili.. there is a good book shop named Ambika BOok Store in Thakur VIllage side.. :) I got it from there for Rs.450/-

If u loved that book, its gr8 go for that book, but also keep the COMPLETE REFERENCE with u, be it a soft copy.. but yes i agree, tat now wen i read HEAD FIRST, i hv fallen completely in love with that book... its jus so casual yet informative and to the point.. :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom