Sun buys MySQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
*blogs.mysql.com/kaj/sun-acquires-mysql.html/
The subject says it all. More infor on the blog. I'm mobile atm so that's all I can post now

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I don't understand its technical significance but I am happy that it has remained a open-source application(Sun too has a great reputation for Open source.)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
and JSP + Java Servlets + Java Beans + Tomcat or nightmares in complexity :D
wow!
I don't intend to learn them in near future:D

PS: I don't know Java and all that stuff. I am a hobby programmer who learnt javascript, PHP and MySQL only because I desperately needed to prepare web application for my micro enterprise and could not afford the big bugs to the professional web developer :)

I am basically a medico and teacher!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol...JSP and sevlets are fun to work with (My BE 1st sem project - Roster management ), examiner was impressed with the work :D

A good book and a keen mind makes the difference.

If u are in delusion that JAVA is a hardboiled egg then do refer this book:
Head First JAVA (Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates) - O'reilly Publication

And for JSP
Head First JSP - O'reilly publication

These are some of the non geeks books and a kind of visual tour.

Jakarta Tomcat is just a webserver/servlet engine, there is not much to learn abt it.

MySql is good for small projects but to get procedures, subqueries and other advanced features Oracle comes to rescue.

For Javascript validation SPRY framework rocks !!! (No more irritating dialog boxes, everything goes inline)

Learned a lot abt web application, always luved to learn new and better things.

Last edited:
OP
coolpcguy

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
MySql is good for small projects but to get procedures, subqueries and other advanced features Oracle comes to rescue.
+1 for that.
I'm currently working on 3000+ line Insurance premium computation packages, and Oracle's strength is pretty obvious in these situations

praka123

left this forum longback
...and C#(and .net deps!) aint a better LANG than universally acclaimed cross platform JAVA 8) which is OSS too!(not all!)

ontopic:
Hope Sun keeps mysql grow!I read that postgresql is getting more users these days.

praka123

left this forum longback
^I have removed mono cr@p completely from my system ! I hates how miguel & Co bloating Gnome with mono as dependency :evil:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
^I have removed mono cr@p completely from my system ! I hates how miguel & Co bloating Gnome with mono as dependency :evil:
Well technically C# has beter performance because .NET compiled the Bytecode(MSIL) to native app for the system when the application is run for the first time .

After this it just loads the compiled native image and runs it thereby giving very good performance . Dunno why you consider it crap ?

Almost all distributions use Beagle by default now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom