Suggestions for a mid-level gaming rig for 60k

OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
In that case a backup/secondary hdd should be there which is quite important anyway if you care for your data.
Then go with any 2.5inch Laptop 1TB HDD and add a external casing so that it becomes an External HDD.
Like this laptop HDD:https://www.amazon.in/Seagate-Lapto...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H0D3Q6TXCXYFBSBY6Y4S
Like this laptop HDD casing:https://www.amazon.in/Terabyte-USB-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H0D3Q6TXCXYFBSBY6Y4S
I do have a WD Passport 1TB.

Budget -61K

Asus Phoenix GTX 1050 Ti 4GB -14800,
Is there a major difference in performance between a 1050 ti and a 1050 ti mini, which you suggested earlier?

Budget -61K

Corsair CX450 -3400,
Would this be sufficient for the rig? I was thinking more of 550W-600W range. Also it needs to be future proof as well.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1. I do have a WD Passport 1TB.
2. Is there a major difference in performance between a 1050 ti and a 1050 ti mini, which you suggested earlier?
3. Would this be sufficient for the rig? I was thinking more of 550W-600W range. Also it needs to be future proof as well.
1. Good.
2. Both have similar performance but the Zotac Mini is more costly than the Asus Phoenix one at present. But Zotac has 2+3 years warranty where as Asus has only 3 years. Zotac GPU will have 2 years originally and upon registration in Zotac website by uploading the copy of invoice you will get 2+3=5 years warranty. You will also get acknowledgement from Zotac after registration.
3. 450w is more than sufficient and if you need more then 550w is enough. Corsair CX450w costs 3.4k where as Corsair CX550w costs 4.5k

OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
Apart from size, what's the difference in features between ATX and MATX boards? I saw the latter ones are lesser priced.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ As real estate gets smaller, you will get less no. I/O ports comparatively.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Apart from size, what's the difference in features between ATX and MATX boards? I saw the latter ones are lesser priced.

Compare the board specifications from manufacturer's website , spot all differences that you can find and that will be the only difference/s. pricing purely depends upon the feature list present on the board.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^it doesn't have VRM heatsinks , if you are spending 6.5k on a board then atleast get a decent b350 board that can handle some moderate overclocks.. unless you want to run everything at stock then maybe an A320 board might be ok if you are trying to cut costs

Last edited:
OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
^^^it doesn't have VRM heatsinks , if you are spending 6.5k on a board then atleast get a decent b350 board that can handle some moderate overclocks.. unless you want to run everything at stock then maybe an A320 board might be ok if you are trying to cut costs
Is that so? I thought all boards have heat sinks. I wasn't really planning on overclocking anyway. Also, will the A320 board be compatible with the 2400G APU ?

OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR4 3000MHz -6700
No brands of 8gb 3000MHz seem to be in stock at the moment at Lamington. I checked with Prime ABGB and Computer Selection. 16gb chips are available but will not fit my budget.
I will have to look online if I can find it.

The Corsair Vengeance 8gb 2666MHz is quoted at 6900/- But I am skeptical to go for it considering I may add one more chip in 10-12 months, and the 2666Mhz may become near-obsolete by then.
Any thoughts?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Is that so? I thought all boards have heat sinks. I wasn't really planning on overclocking anyway. Also, will the A320 board be compatible with the 2400G APU ?

i am talking about VRM heatsinks .. B350 M A and K does not have it , compare images of that to Asus Prime B350 Plus..

see this gigabyte A320M hd2 support list .. with F10 Bios update. or later...

GA-A320M-HD2 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

higher memory speeds can be an issue though with a320

Don't Bother with A320 Motherboards, Go for AMD's B350 Instead for Raven Ridge

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
you can overclock on any B350 board , Question is how safe it is to do that and till how much..

Board needs to have decent VRM if you are overclocking , if they run very hot you can reduce it's longevity significantly or in worst case even kill the board ..

Heatsinks help temps to stay low.. and thus better Overclocks and Longevity ..

Many B350 boards even with heatsinks are not good for very high overclocks , if you are overclocking too high you need X370 boards because generally they have better VRM and robust components

and without heatsinks on B350 , you increase the risk more with overclocking.. some may be fine for light overclocks but that will depend upon VRM section of that board.. and you will have to look for proper reviews , VRM temps etc of that board..

Last edited:
OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
So, I managed to get the rig setup last week. the following is what I went for as I got a best deal and was also fitting within the budget

Ryzen 5 2400G
Asus Prime B350M-A
Corsair CX550
Corsair 8gb x 1 2666Mhz
WD 1TB Blue
Zotac 1050 Ti 4GB
Antec GX200
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22” LED IPS

It totalled to about 62k, which was the best deal I got in Lamington.

Thanks to all you guys for helping me out. and for being patient. Appreciate all the help!

Sadly though, I have run into some issues and am working towards a resolution. I have mentioned it in detail in this post.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
bro can you tell me the individual price of the components because I am going to buy this exact rig soon... why this motherboard and not asus prime b350 plus?? are they the same or different? should have taken dual channel ram bro...

OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
bro can you tell me the individual price of the components because I am going to buy this exact rig soon... why this motherboard and not asus prime b350 plus?? are they the same or different? should have taken dual channel ram bro...
Ryzen 5 2400G > 10,678/-
Asus Prime B350M-A > 5,593/-
Corsair CX550 >
3,898/-
Corsair 8gb x 1 2666Mhz > 5,593/-
WD 1TB Blue > 2,542/-
Zotac 1050 Ti 4GB > 13,136/-
Antec GX200 > 2,374/-
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22” LED IPS > 7,500/-
LG DVD > 762/-
Keyboard > 424/-

52,500 + tax = 62,700/-

I got this from PrimeABGB. After a bit of haggling, this was the final figure. I had got quotations from few other shops and then bargained with Prime. That worked. If you are getting your rig from Lamington, to save time you can call/email the shops and get quotes before you actually visit the place.

About the motherboard - well, it was a matter of budget. The B350 Plus is an ATX board while the B350M-A is a smaller mATX one. There are fewer connectors and extension slots in the one I went for.

About the RAM - again it's due to shortage of vitamin M. Will get one more chip of the same make few months down the line.

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats :)

you don't need Dual channel with a dedicated GPU , as GPU has it's own dedicated higher bandwidth VRAM , so it's fine.. won't see much performance impact

if you bought offline .. CX 550 for Rs 4600 ? looks quite high , Rs 4150 on Vedant and mdcomputers.. it would have been better to go directly with
Corsair TX 550 M for Rs 5600 .. else Corsair CX 450 for Rs 3300 at this price to save costs ..

anyways enjoy :)

Last edited:
OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
Thanks!

Ya maybe it's on the higher side, some other components were reduced. Since the overall budget was adjusted, I accepted. I had already counted out the CX450. See post #41 above

anyways enjoy :)
Far from it :'( currently fixing this issue. Guess I got the cake but not able to eat it yet.:duh2:

Top Bottom