Suggestions for a mid-level gaming rig for 60k

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I only recently started to look at currently available components, was out of tech for some time.
I think intel i5 8400 will be a better option for gaming at this budget. The only problem is the availability of cheaper motherboards which are expected to be launched in Q1(b360,h310 and h370 - i hope probably before march end).
So if op can wait a little bit, i think that might help you

Reactions: nac

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, I can't wait that long for a GPU. There's no telling how the scene will change a year from now. I will go for a GPU along with the rig.

I cannot reuse that monitor. I am building an additional rig.
So what's the lowest size monitor having inbuilt speakers? Freesync is optional

Then wait till mid-end April for Ryzen 2nd generation and Intel cheaper motherboards to launch ..

Ryzen 2nd generation Vs 8th gen intel with cheaper boards whichever is better value for money buy that.. with Gtx 1050TI at whatever price it is available ..

i am not able to find monitor with inbuilt speaker in good brands in this size, you can search more or wait for somebody else to respond
a decent monitor with inbuilt speaker is Benq GW2270HM , 21.5 1080P VA panel .. but speakers will not be loud and that likely will be the case for other models also with inbuilt speakers

Last edited:
OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
i am not able to find monitor with inbuilt speaker in good brands in this size, you can search more or wait for somebody else to respond
a decent monitor with inbuilt speaker is Benq GW2270HM , 21.5 1080P VA panel .. but speakers will not be loud and that likely will be the case for other models also with inbuilt speakers
I looked up the LG 22MP68VQ-P LED IPS suggested by @bssunilreddy . Based on Amazon reviews, it looks pretty good value for money at approx 9k. Even though it doesn't have speakers, but does have multiple connectivity options. Also its 1920 x 1080 res should not be a problem for the Gtx 1050TI, right?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
I looked up the LG 22MP68VQ-P LED IPS suggested by @bssunilreddy . Based on Amazon reviews, it looks pretty good value for money at approx 9k. Even though it doesn't have speakers, but does have multiple connectivity options. Also its 1920 x 1080 res should not be a problem for the Gtx 1050TI, right?

That LG monitor is the best monitor in this price range , apart from that it is also a 75 HZ monitor which you can use it with Nvidia ... instead of usual 60hz , and freesync if you get amd in future.. but you wanted inbuilt speakers hence i mentioned benq.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Are there alternatives that I can compare and check benchmarks? any Gigabyte boards?

don't want to be spending this much on a cabinet. any suggestions for a basic vanilla model?

Also, will any DVD drive do, or are there any recommendations?

please suggest
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 -8300.
Link:GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)
Antec GX200 Black -2950.
Link:ANTEC MID TOWER CABINET (ATX) - GX200 WITH TRANSPARENT SIDE PANEL (BLACK)

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
if you are planning on building in April with 2 nd gen and GTX 1050TI , Don't buy motherboard now , , .. even these G processors require Bios update before you can use CPU..

So make proper arrangements first with seller regarding BIOS update , otherwise it won't work..

in April , motherboards with new chipset will launch , with out of box support and likely also better RAM support

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
All software & games have downloadable setups,in fact after coming of Steam there isn't even a CD/DVD option for many games.

OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
if you are planning on building in April with 2 nd gen and GTX 1050TI , Don't buy motherboard now , , .. even these G processors require Bios update before you can use CPU..

So make proper arrangements first with seller regarding BIOS update , otherwise it won't work..

in April , motherboards with new chipset will launch , with out of box support and likely also better RAM support
Yes, I know the BIOS will have to be manually upgraded.

Thing is, the timeline has changed for me. I will build sooner than mid March. Can't wait till April.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How do you suggest I install software and games?
Primarily through Pen drives and external HDDs.
Any software like drivers should be downloaded from the manufacturer's website as they contain the latest iteration of drivers.
Never use the provided drivers that come as DVDs with the Motherboard, Graphics Card, Display etc.
Always Download the latest drivers from the respective websites according to the models.

OP
meetdenis

meetdenis

Journeyman
All software & games have downloadable setups,in fact after coming of Steam there isn't even a CD/DVD option for many games.

Primarily through Pen drives and external HDDs.
Any software like drivers should be downloaded from the manufacturer's website as they contain the latest iteration of drivers.
Never use the provided drivers that come as DVDs with the Motherboard, Graphics Card, Display etc.
Always Download the latest drivers from the respective websites according to the models.

Agreed. I just want to have an alternative way in case of a contingency of me not being able to get online.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Agreed. I just want to have an alternative way in case of a contingency of me not being able to get online.
In that case a backup/secondary hdd should be there which is quite important anyway if you care for your data.
Then go with any 2.5inch Laptop 1TB HDD and add a external casing so that it becomes an External HDD.
Like this laptop HDD:https://www.amazon.in/Seagate-Lapto...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H0D3Q6TXCXYFBSBY6Y4S
Like this laptop HDD casing:https://www.amazon.in/Terabyte-USB-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H0D3Q6TXCXYFBSBY6Y4S

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -61K

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -12900,

Asus Prime B350M-K - 6000,

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR4 3000MHz -6700

Asus Phoenix GTX 1050 Ti 4GB -14800,

Corsair CX450 -3400,

Antec GX200 Black -3000,

WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3000,

LG 22MP68VQ-P 22” LED IPS -8500, (paytm mall) After cashback by using the code.

Cooler Master Devastator 3 Gaming Combo -2700.

Total -61,000.

All components prices are taken from mdcomputers.in except the monitor which price is taken from paytm mall.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How do you suggest I install software and games?
There are much faster options available (internet and USB 3.1). Also, you can install windows using a bootable pendrive.

Last month I installed the stock drivers on a friend's new laptop using the included DVD and it was painfully slow. It would've been faster to download and install the latest ones using mobile data directly to the HDD.

Top Bottom