Suggestion Time: Canalphones better than the EP-630s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I finally got fed up of the highs of the EP-630 and have decided to spend some cash on better buds.

These are what I am considering:

1) Sennheiser CX300 : They've go rave reviews everywhere I've checked, but I also heard that they do not offer any significant gain over the EP-630s. Should be able to get them for around Rs. 1800 - 2000.

2) V-moda Bass Freq : Currently cNet's highest rated earbuds. And at 45$ including shipping, they are a bargain.

Questions:
1)Either of these will give me a much better sonic experience, right?
2)Which is better
3)Any more suggestions. No more that Rs. 2000. [They have to be in-the ear]

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
To be quite honest, you picked the wrong forum to ask this question. I don't think anybody here has experience with these 'phones. You see the idea of spending big bucks on headphones is still quite alien in India. You'll find people who buy PMP costing several thousand bucks, but they won't shell out 1/5th of that amount to get a decent pair of headphones (despite it being the most important component). Its not like they don't afford it. Its just that they think its not worth their money. No offence meant to people here, but that's just how I think it is. Although I'll be glad if someone actually comes up and prove me wrong. You, for one, have done that. Bravo!

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
To be quite honest, you picked the wrong forum to ask this question. I don't think anybody here has experience with these 'phones. You see the idea of spending big bucks on headphones is still quite alien in India. You'll find people who buy PMP costing several thousand bucks, but they won't shell out 1/5th of that amount to get a decent pair of headphones (despite it being the most important component). Its not like they don't afford it. Its just that they think its not worth their money. No offence meant to people here, but that's just how I think it is. Although I'll be glad if someone actually comes up and prove me wrong. You, for one, have done that. Bravo!

I see your point. I for one, am unfortunate enough to have discerning ears.

I'll take this elsewhere. Mods, lock away.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Sony fontopia series are quite gud and not that costly, nd quite gud nd better than EP 630.
And Creative Aurvana is really gud, especially in treble, but the bass lacks the punch as ive heard bout it.
Me too is looking for a gud one, maybe settly for a fontopia nd if its very hard to get, then ill settle for EP 630 nd it also costs much less.

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Sony fontopia series are quite gud and not that costly, nd quite gud nd better than EP 630.
And Creative Aurvana is really gud, especially in treble, but the bass lacks the punch as ive heard bout it.
Me too is looking for a gud one, maybe settly for a fontopia nd if its very hard to get, then ill settle for EP 630 nd it also costs much less.

Thanks for the suggestions but,

1) The fontopia series is mostly over-rated. Some of them are even muddier than the EP-630s, which are muddy enough to begin with.
2) The Auravana is definetly not worth the cash. If I was willing to spend above 4k, I would have bought the Etymotic ER-6is with my eyes closed.

Also, to anyone considering the two I mentioned in the first post. Don't.

The Bass Freq sucks and the CX300 is basically a EP630+Sennheiser Brand name.

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
creative aurvana is available for 3600 from authorised dealer...i was seriosuly planning to go in for either that or the sennheiser cx-300 , but now i have something else in mind to do with the cash

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Don't go for either. They're both not worth it IMHO.

If you don't mind full-size, get the Grado SR-60. You will not regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom