Suggestion for motherboard for a P4 3GHz LGA 775

Status
Not open for further replies.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
Hi,
My friend has a P4 3Ghz LGA 775 Cpu and a "Mercury PVM7 Pro V1.0" motherboard.Two days ago he switched off the PC and went to sleep.The next day when he tried to switch on the pc wont boot.There is no display on the monitor and no beeps as such.The processor fan is spinning and the battery seems to be OK.We suppose the mobo went kaput.Now the final step is to send the mobo to the neighbourhood pc clinic.In case the mobo is truly fried can you guys suggest a new mobo for the following combo.

Processor : P4 3GHz 775 LGA
RAM : 512 MB DDR2 533Mhz
Expansion: AGP /PCI-ex ????

Thanks in advance...:)

PS:If possible please do mention cost also.Budget mobo please .. ;-):-D

Last edited:

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
Dont panic there are many things to try out:
1. pull out all the ram modules from the mobo and then switch on, then shut down, put in the module back in place and then switch it on again.
2. repeat the same step but with the battery.
3. re-insert all the cable and power plugs(ONLY IF YOU HAVE EXPIERIENCE)
But pal, if these dont solve your problem here's the list of BUDGET motherboards:
NVIDIA 680i/650i CHIPSET BOARDS:
1. Zebronics ZEB-650i SLI Rs. 4.8K
2.Galaxy 650I LT Rs. 4.8K

INTEL INTEGERATED GRAPHICS
1. Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H Rs. 5950(BEST BUY SILVER 2007)
2. MSI G965MDH Rs. 6300

HOPE THIS HELPS

And also increase your RAM to gigas if condion permits you wont regret 1gig would cost just 1K.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
^^u call all those mobos budget motherboards :neutral:
@american_samosa :D get a 946gz chipset board for about 2.2k

OP
I

indian_samosa

No longer here..
^^ thanks guys for the suggestions.
@sooraj_digit ... we did all those stuff and finally took it to the nearby pc shop where they also told us the mobo is dead.

@utsav ..:-D ... We found 3 mobos below 3K mark here.One is mercury 945 with pci-ex+onboard(cost 2.8K).Second one is Gigabyte 945 (cost 3K) and third one another model of mercury.Its upto my friend to decide on these now ..

Thanks guys....for the help.:)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@utsav ..:-D ... We found 3 mobos below 3K mark here.One is mercury 945 with pci-ex+onboard(cost 2.8K).Second one is Gigabyte 945 (cost 3K) and third one another model of mercury.Its upto my friend to decide on these now ..

wats the budget of ur friend...:!:

if ur friend doesnt have GCard then go 4 nvidia chipset mobo they r best in onboard
gaming :D

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll
I am going to upgrade also with p4 3 ghz lga 775 proccy...is asus p5kpl-vm wid pci-e good enough???...my hardware vendor is quoting it rs.2850+vat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom