Suggestion For INTEL PC config...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit

Journeyman
Well I can see a lot of thread asking for suggestion for pc config...
Almost all of them are concentrating on AMD config....Somehow, whatever you call me, I don't want to go for AMD....I am not an avid gamer....My requirements are 512Mb ram Combo Drive A good quality cabinet....5.1 speakers..
what is the best config I acn get around 35K.....pls suggest...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ok here goes,

intel 3.0 ghz + intel orig. d915gav = 14,000/-
256*2 corsair/kingston RAM 400 Mhz = 3700/-
VIP Cabinet with 350 w smps = 2200/-
Seagate 80 gb sata = 3000/-
Sony combo drive = 2500/-
Creative Inspire 5200 (5.1) - around 5500/-
Microsft kb /optical mouse = 1500/-
17" CRT Samsung = 8,000/-

total around 40k

sorry had to exceed your budget as i could not figure out what to remove...also you can go for a msi 915 g combo board which is also good and allows ddr + ddr2 ram.

OP
A

Ankit

Journeyman
well thanks.....what would be the approx price for MSi 915G combo board...is it available readily in the mumbai market???
creative inspire will cost around 4000 i suppose...and ram prices are falling...i think it'll be within 3000....any suggestions???

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
What is your purpose behind the pc?

intel 2.8-3.2 ghz + gigabyte/intel 915(check with others though gigabyte may turn better,try to take asus or msi

DO NOT TAKE KINGSTON AND ONLY GO FOR RETAIL RAM,go for corsair or atleast transcend or hynix for cheap performacne with oc ability

VIP Cabinet with 350 w smps = 2200/-
don't go for vip , go for antec or starnet with lcd display cabinet if want to ,cabinet need not be of antec,though 350smartpower + cab of antec = about 3250 + taxes,transportation etc

Seagate 80 gb sata = 3000/-
go for more space if required,this hd should cost about 3200
160gb sata for about 4800
120gb for about 3200 non sata

asus cd rw
litoen dvd rom

altec lansing 251,should cost 5000+- thoguh prices may go up or may have gone

microsoft internet kb,600

microsoft MS optical wheel mouse,800,850 black

17"samsung magic bright true-flat for about 7150

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@akshayt
Y are you against kingston ? if you buy it frm the authorised dealer i dnt think there will be any probs .....also please tell me also which cabinet of antec without power supply is available for around 3k.

@ankit
i recommend u go for kingston dude as i am personally using it and it offers solid perfomance without any problems and i have overclocked it also without any trouble.... also the msi 915g combo shud be priced around 5500/- and also plz go for a sata hdd not a pata. and for monitor go for samsung magic bright 2.

OP
A

Ankit

Journeyman
well 915gav doesn't offers anolog connectors for 5.1 channel sound....so i'll be forced to by at least SB live 5.1 (1500-1700)...915GMH offers these connectors...are they available readily...and at what cost.....
intel platform doesn't offers much options for overclocking...so overclocking the ram is not an issue...
if u get original hynix ..it also gives u rock steady performance and it'll be cheaper by almost 1000 bucks...what say???msi 915G combo...hmm i've to check this out about it's features....

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
earlier kingston must have been a nice ocer atleast i have heard that but now it is the worst ocer and i heard that you don't know which chipset you may get in it.

By this would you not suspect that globally kingston could not have gone so down so there might be chances of fake ram floating in india.

also,when you could go for transcend or corsair why would you go for kingston.

in delhi
corsair 512mb ddr 400 latency =2.5

last i checked was for 3400 + 4%vat

there is this cabinet + powersupply

1650sbk or something,comes for about 3250 or 3450 or something with 350watts smartpower,cabinet with 120mm fan,80mm fan

after taxes and transport you should get for about 4k in delih

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom