Suggestion for broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

saipradeepg

Broken In
Hi Friends,
I have decided to have a broadband connection at my home.I dont have a BSNL land line connection to get DATAONE.It takes atleast two months..I dont trust tata indicom many of my friends didnt even get the connection!.
I opted for Airtel 128Kbps unlimited package @700 p.m.Earlier he told my room is not feasible because all the ports in that area got filled up.Today morning i got to know that people in my downstairs use the same package...I wanted to know what configuration,equipment{& cost} would i need to connect for the same connection like hub etc..and wanted to know whether the bandwidth or access of the net will be drastically affected or not.Please suggest me regarding this.
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards,
Sai Pradeep G

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
You only need a LAN card installed in ur PC. Airtel will b providing a telephone line + DSL Modem.

Home 699 plan is da best @ Rs. 699 + tax. They also have Home 999 plan, but its above Rs. 1000 p.m.....if it suits, I recommend 2 go for it.... personally, its out of budget 4 me....

Anyways abt Home 699 plan -

128 kbps in the day (I think 8:00AM - 10:30PM) and 256kbps in the night. Unlimited download (thts the best part). Phone (voice) bill will b according to ur usage.

128kbps means browsing speed and u can download @ 128/8 = 16kbps (which you will get 12-14) and in the nite it will be 256/8 = 32 kbps (which you will get 26-28 )

But yes, DSL speed will depend upon the the type of wiring u will hve, so make sure tht Airtel ppl use good quality wires while installation (coz they hve wires of both type - gud n bad).

Hope this helps.... :)

OP
saipradeepg

saipradeepg

Broken In
Dear Friend,
They are telling the connectivity is not feasible as there are no free ports in my area.So what i have is asked is whether i can use some hub etc to connect with my guys staying in downstairs with their existing connecting of airtel broadband...Want to know regarding the access speeds etc

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^
Yes u can Share his connection with his permission for this u need to do basic internet connection sharing, u will get a single bill that to in name of person downstarirs, speeds with be split bettween u * the person downstars

total brandwith = brandwith availble to u + brandwith available downstairs brandwith

supose, they have a 128kps connection then

128=64+64
if u & ur guys downstairs use the connection at same time speed will be available to u will be half the total speed as reast would have gone to guys downstairs.
if only one person of u two is using internet u will get full speed i.e is total speed available to u.

now if u want 128kps ul all the time on your connection then tell the guys downstairs to change thier plan to Home 999 plan so that we u use your net at same time as they do u will get 128 & they will also get 128

now positive side of is:when net is being used to a single person either u & guys downstairs, that person will get full 256kps in day & 512kps in night

u can share the monthly rental by muatual understaing
if rental is 1000pm then u pay 500 & they are pay 500. it will be cheap for u & to them also as u have to pay less(1000pm in place of 1400pm).

but the catch is the bill & connection will be in name of the guys downstairs
& also check this airtel people permit internet connection sharing in their terms of service.

if they do not then u can still use it but keep one thing in mind it will be iilleagal.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Connection Sharing is not permitted as per Airtel T&C. :neutral:.... but yes u can do it.... buy a wireless router if the other guy is living within 30-40 meter distance.

Last edited:
OP
saipradeepg

saipradeepg

Broken In
Thanks a lot for your suggestions...I can't afford to buy a wireless router as it may not be useful for me after this.Is there any other option at a cheaper prize which will suit my pocket ?

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
dude belive me it's simple as nuts //
just go get a hub or a switch ..
an avg quality stuff like intex(personally usin one ) would cost u arnd 350 for HUb and 750 for Switch[i'll reccommend u use a switch if u have frendly relations and also want to have shared data ]
u'll need lan wire that will be abt 10-15/mt so if the guy is just downstaris i think the wire shld cost u abt 250-350 .. and thats it .. u plug in setup a connexion and done . ... both u guys will be surfin .. the net .. it wld be better if he upgrades it to 256 that wld bill u 1121 being precise so a shared works out to be 560.50/head..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom