Suggestion About Tv Tuner card

Status
Not open for further replies.

indian

Broken In
Hi Guys I have a compaq persario model no 6125ap desktop pc with the configuration of P-4 1.7 ghz,intel 845 G mohterboard,375 mb ram And
I want to install a Tv tuner card so Plz suggest the best Tv tuner card my budget is Rs 3000 to 4000.

Thanks

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Yes the Pinnacle TV Tuner Cards are really good becuase of it's quality;Can also try for Compro....

Pinnacle may cos you 2500/ - 3500/-

G

gxsaurav

Pinnacle PCTV Stereo or if available, PCTV 50i, that will be enough

Zaysen

Broken In
indian said:
Hi Guys I have a compaq persario model no 6125ap desktop pc with the configuration of P-4 1.7 ghz,intel 845 G mohterboard,375 mb ram And
I want to install a Tv tuner card so Plz suggest the best Tv tuner card my budget is Rs 3000 to 4000.

Thanks

I Am Having the Same CPU 1.70 Ghz on and IntelD845WN Motherboard with 768mb SD Ram Running Windows XP Pro.Since Purchase My Assembled Computer had Pixel View Play TV Pro Internal TV Tuner Card and Till Date Since Dec 2001 it has given me excellent service,no problems faced ever and i am using this for nearly 15 hours daily.

Before Buying The Pixel View First See if you want to capture content or just watch TV.In Case you want to capture content then pinnacle would be the best but if you want to watch tv pixel view would be cheaper and get the job done.Also Before buying either of the cards first check if you have at least a 32mb agp card.If you use onboard graphics then first upgrade your graphics to at least a Geforce 4 MX 4000 64mb AGP Card or else the tv reception and quality would be horrible,If Your Motherboard does not have a agp card then abandon the idea of an internal tv tuner card as this would be a waste of cash as the tv tuner card works in tandom with an agp card as gievn in digit magazine march 2004 issue.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Zaysen said:
If you use onboard graphics then first upgrade your graphics to at least a Geforce 4 MX 4000 64mb AGP Card or else the tv reception and quality would be horrible,If Your Motherboard does not have a agp card then abandon the idea of an internal tv tuner card as this would be a waste of cash as the tv tuner card works in tandom with an agp card as gievn in digit magazine march 2004 issue.

whoever told u that !.I have a pinnacle pctv card running on win xp mce,P4 1.7 ghz & 512 MB DDR333 RAM on a Intel D845GLAD board and i have absolutely no problems with the tv reception quality.your tv tuner card will work just fine with onboard graphics.It even manages to capture perfectly in WinDVR's 'DVD quality' mode with no frame drops.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@indian
for ur budget i suggest the Compro Videomate Action Pro .. it has looks to die for and the quality is also awesome.

G

gxsaurav

more then the card the accomponied software is important, most of the cards bundle either WinDVR or PowerVCR, or some inferior, better stick to good ones like Media portal etc

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Is there any way these tuner cards can be used with DTH service?

Somebody plz enlighten on this issue.

Raaza

Journeyman
will any of the tuner card work with cable tv ?
my machine :
celeron 1.1 ghz
mercury 810e mobo
128 mb sd ram

is this enough for an internal tv tuner card?

i also like 2 buy one for recording (thru cable tv purpose)

then, can record with external tv tuner card?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Minimum Requirements of TV tuners is generally a P2 400Mhz Class System with 64 MB RAM, so there wont be any problems installing the tv-tuner in your PC. So the answer to your query is Yes, it is enough to run an internal tv-tuner on your PC. Also you can record clippings through internal tv tuners itself. External Tv tuners, what i guess you are referring to is USB based tv-tuners, but the performance is not the same as internal tv-tuners due to the bottlenect of Bandwidth from USB 2.0 Port. And more importantly since Yours is a 810e board, most probably its having a USB 1.1 port and the BW in it is far less to run a USB based tv-tuner. So you can safely remove the External ones from your option.

ravimevcha

Journeyman
I have Celeron 1.0Ghz and I am Using Pinnacle TV Tuner card.. its working very nice and has a very good Facility to record Program and Result is very good quality

OP
I

indian

Broken In
Thanks a loooooooooooooooooooooooooot to everybody for suggestion.
I have purchased pinnacle pctv rave but i am facing a problem,when i start the PCTV vision to watch the tv it gives the blank screen (no picture) but when i use it with the pinnacle media center it give the perfect picture but the problem is that remote control does't work with the media center.So can you guys suggest what is the problem and how to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom