suggesta cpu, mobon gfx card for 26k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
hi guys,
I love to K.I.S.S.
my friend needs an AMD machine, in Mumbai.
Mainly games and movies.NO OVERCLOCKING AT ALL

Do give the indiviual prices.

He already has sony dvd writer, 1 GB 400MHZ DDR ram, a keyboard n mouse, headphones.
He also has a 17" monitor , but he says that as it is out of warranty he wants a new one. I am tring to change his mind, but....
He is going to choose the cabinet at the end. His older P4 cpu n mobo got physically damaged.

Plz suggest a CPU, mobo, Pcie gfx card, smps, CRT monitor, a speaker sys in a 26K bucks.( how to edit title of the thread)

Mainly we r confused about CPU, gfx card and mobo (preferably MSI, if not then ASUS, and should have onboard VGA, just in case the gfx card fails). plz give more importance to these.

Also suggest an alternate sys w/o the crt but with same budget ie 26k.

Now for the crt monitor we are thinking of a samsung 793s or 17" magicbright

Cosidering the spk sys, his comp room is very small, the moniter will be at a distance of 4' from opposite wall.
So even SBS 370 will sound gr8.

Thanks in advance.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
ashnik said:
hi guys,
I love to K.I.S.S.
my friend needs an AMD machine, in Mumbai.
Mainly games and movies.NO OVERCLOCKING AT ALL

Do give the indiviual prices.

He already has sony dvd writer, 1 GB 400MHZ DDR ram, a keyboard n mouse, headphones.
He also has a 17" monitor , but he says that as it is out of warranty he wants a new one. I am tring to change his mind, but....
He is going to choose the cabinet at the end. His older P4 cpu n mobo got physically damaged.

Plz suggest a CPU, mobo, Pcie gfx card, smps, CRT monitor, a speaker sys in a 26K bucks.( how to edit title of the thread)

Mainly we r confused about CPU, gfx card and mobo (preferably MSI, if not then ASUS, and should have onboard VGA, just in case the gfx card fails). plz give more importance to these.

Also suggest an alternate sys w/o the crt but with same budget ie 26k.

Now for the crt monitor we are thinking of a samsung 793s or 17" magicbright

Cosidering the spk sys, his comp room is very small, the moniter will be at a distance of 4' from opposite wall.
So even SBS 370 will sound gr8.

Thanks in advance.

CPU: 3200+ Rs.5550
Mobo: A8N-VM Rs.3850
Gfx card: 7600GS around Rs.9000
Monitor: 17" flat Rs.6300
Speakers: SBS 370 Rs.1200

Total: Rs.25900

Questions: Why you want mobo with on-board VGA when you get a separate graphics card? I know you have written the reason but I tell ya that they seldom get damaged.

Why waste money on a new monitor? Use the old one, and you might have money for the 7800GT, (you can get at least a 7600GT). Pair up the 7800GT with the 3200+ and 1GB RAM and you got one hell of a machine. Not sure about the price of the 7900GT but in abroad they cost almost the same.

gannu_rox

In the zone
digitized: "Not sure about the price of the 7900GT but in abroad they cost almost the same."

The xfx 7900GT(udlr version) costs Rs 17250 @ RP Tech whereas the uddr version( Higher clock speed) @ Rs. 19750.

MSI k8ngm2-FID (seems better than ASUS A8nvm-csm coz of bios instability with the latter. )Almost same price +-Rs. 200.
AMD 3500+ - Rs 6550
XFX nvidia 7900GT- Rs. 1700(Albeit with local dealers).

PS.Push ur budget a li'l bit.

Bye,
Ganesh

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
asus a8n e for around 5.5k+, don't compromise on mobo

wait for conroe instead

7600gs for 6.5k

Last edited:
OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks a lot guys.

good news ... Finally, i convinced my friend not to sell his 753s monitor.

so now what will u suggest?

and for gfx card plz also mention the brand.

@digitized
liked ur suggestion, but since we have some more money for gfx card i am thinking of getting a higher gfx card or a lil better gfx card and a decent 5.1 spk sys. and what about the SMPS dude? I am sure that "400W" smps we get with cabinet will not support such a high end gfx card.
The prices must be a lil higher in mumbai.

@gan12320021
even my first choice is MSI, but some how these mobos r difficult to locate in Mumbai.

@akshyat
No INTEL. sorry.

Last edited:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@ashink.. wel i got a 450 W with my cabinet as i asked for it i had to give 100 xtra n its fine.. :) 25v acros 12v its gud enuff.. anyway if u can afford get a seperate one i think ul get for bout 1.3K max man.. n gfx 7600gt is gud enff for 10K dude. n 5.1 creative is 3.9K i suppose... check local prices at lamington ;)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
7600GT/GS will kill a 6600GT, 7600GT is better than a 6800GT

wait for conroe, amd 3500 is for 5700, get venice i think

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom