Suggest text to speech software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Sometime back from digit dvds I tested a text to speech software which was excellent in reading out I cant remember it now when I need, whatever I selected in text, it used to get activated from system tray & read it loud.
Can anyone suggest me few text to speech software, not heavy on system resource.

Also I need to know if there is any software which can record the live internet radio station, such as sma****s.com & others. They play via real player using my creative sound card. There are few very rare & old songs which I want to record.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Can winamp record the real audio as mp3? I use it but never knew it can play the real media & record the stream.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
The sofware have a robotic voice which is what you will get from most of these software. About winamp's ability to play real media, there is a plug-in called tara which can be downloaded from here *www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=1787&s=325. For recording you have to enable the diskwriter in winamp. this will facilitate recording rather than playing.

The CyberShot

Broken In
The best one, i can think of is Babylon.
(www.babylon.com)
Actually it's a dictionary and it can even make out words from pictures, icons, desktop wallpaper!, etc all with the help of it's great OCR capabilities.
You can download speech modules and then listen to the pronunciation of different words. Its also light on system resources.

However, it's NOT Free!

CyberShot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom