suggest mobile under 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
hey ppl,my dad wants to sell his se k700i for a nu handset.pls sugest gud 1 frm se or nokia only.my dad needs sturdy and easy ui phone. Thanx.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Nokia's 3110 is a Nice phone for ur budget.
You can as check out Moto Yuva 230 or 270 which cost 2.8k and 3k
and you can pop a 2 gig card as well which can be the best deal in ur budget
Hope u get the idea

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Even I am going to buy a cell for my dad.

If you were to take my words, leave Nokia and get any low end motorola phone. They are far better in terms of voice clarity and battery life.

However, thats just my opinion. People may (and will) disagree !

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
W200I is such a 2 kauri phone

just compare W200I VS 3110 classic :D:D

they are miles apart

Tamoghno

Padawan
Whatever w200i is , its NOT STURDY.

3110 is pretty good phone for your budget.the keypad is very nice . And dads usually like the "classic" look .

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
dont buy 3110,its camera is not at par with conventional 1.3 megapixel ones,its pictures are far too choppy,also this set hangs a lot,mainly due to some firmware problem,sound from speakers is average,1i ve used this set for around two weeks

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^ when come

3110 camera is good,sound from speaker is great( atleast same as that of sony ericsson w810i ( loudness) ), NEVER HANGS

napster007

Padawan
dude...i just got a moto w230 for abt 2.8k. I don think that u'll find the same features that it has in any other brand in the same price range. Its got 2gb exp memory ...they'r giving 256mb free too. and the new headset looks sleek and sexy! for ur budget get that phone and a 2gb mem card!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ when come

3110 camera is good,sound from speaker is great( atleast same as that of sony ericsson w810i ( loudness) ), NEVER HANGS
Dude, what dr.Tweaker has said is right. The camera is completely crap. I've a 3110c at my home.....

But even still its the best in this budget....

Bluetooth, Infrared, EDGE, 1.3mp Camera even with QCIF video recording, upto 2GB microSD card. It offers everything....The best bet in this budget.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
hey, i too want to buy a cheap phone for myself.
though i was a nokia fanboy, i see that there are not many choices in the 3k range. so i think i'll go with any brand that gives high VFM.

1>are there any other models/series other than moto w230/w270 which fit the bill?

2>BTW - i will be moving to a hostel soon. so will this phone be a "theft hazard"? coz i have lost a nokia 6630 in this way......:-x.

3>Also how much do 1GB and 2GB micro SDs cost?

dude...i just got a moto w230 for abt 2.8k. I don think that u'll find the same features that it has in any other brand in the same price range. Its got 2gb exp memory ...they'r giving 256mb free too. and the new headset looks sleek and sexy! for ur budget get that phone and a 2gb mem card!
so do u recommend moto w230? or should i get moto w270? i am willing to spend that extra cash if its worth it........ Also not used a clam-shell till now, so willing to experiment a bit.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@confused

IMHO Sub 3K phones are not worth....I'll suggest you to shell out 1K more for Nokia 3110c......It has everything thats why...

But if the budget is strictly <= 3K, then W270 is the way to go....But don't forget you get a lot of things in 3110c if you spend 1K more.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom