Journeyman
hi evryone

i have following config at present....

intel 2.8GHz with HT ....
ASrock 865G MOBO....with 64 MB onboard vram...8x AGP CARD
256 MB DDR RAM...
2.0 speaker creative...
17" monitor...

now i wish to upgrade it .... like to play games (can play at low resolution...but wanna play 'em all).....and watch muvees ....
suggest some updatin.....i can spend 15K.....on it....

i have thought of increasin RAM -->2 GB or 1GB
also..if possible try suggestin gud AGP card ....also quote the price...

once i have thought of exchangin my
CPU+mobo for........ AMD 3200+ Asus A8N -VM CBM/Asus A8N E for around
9500-6500/6000=3000/3500 bucks.... will it be a gud decision...

suggest anyone ... i had to go back to my col. by 23rd and had to do this before....

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
mukul said:
hi evryone

intel 2.8GHz with HT ....
256 MB DDR RAM...
2.0 speaker creative...
17" monitor...

now i wish to upgrade it .... like to play games (can play at low resolution...but wanna play 'em all).....and watch muvees ....
suggest some updatin.....i can spend 15K.....on it....

Get 512X2 MB ram sticks for Rs4000 and a graphics card either 6600GT or 7300GS/7300GT....

OP
M

mukul

Journeyman
btw wats the cost of these graphic cards ....and which one is better....

are these AGP ...i have only AGP 8x slot

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
mukul said:
btw wats the cost of these graphic cards ....and which one is better....

are these AGP ...i have only AGP 8x slot

Try to get a 6600GT for 8k.......that's AGP 8X........and don't forget to add ram.....:D

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I would suggest you upgrade the cpu+mobo+ram and all, you will get the really cheap

a 6600GT might not be able to play all games well even at low settings, games like Crysis and all.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
cpu+mb+ram upgrade will be really cheap, less than 10k or maybe around 6-8k only after selling the old stuff

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
first of all,1 GB of RAM would be appropriate for u. Invest in two 512MB modules from either Corsair or TwinMos.
and regarding processor and motherboard, i think,2.8 HT is pretty good in processing power.Here you just need to upgrade your GPU and SMPS. Go for 6600GT with 256MB and a coolermaster 450W SMPS.
And if you still save some bucks,then look out for decent speakers....like Altec Lansing ATP3 or Philips MMS430!
Sell only,when there is the right time for it.I dont think 2.8 with HT is so bad. And by the way....is this a Prescott??
If it is then it would be good to stay with it. ;)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1) Never buy a prescott atleast the single core traditional ones.

2) 1600Pro is not a good card, rather get something like 7600GS or better, not fully sure though.

3)@ mayank, many thing you said are not alright.

1) 2-4 gb ram is recommended for gamers, but in case med or low settings are ok with you in many games then 1gb ram will do.

2)Corsair Value Select is not compatible with Asus A8N E and some/one other asus boards, Twin Mos won't be easily available in India and couple it with no support or very slow and crappy support.

3)
With intel 2.8 has become a bottleneck speed, you should get atleast 3.2-3.4.

4) whether you get 256mb or 128mb it shouldn't make much diff with a 6600GT, it is a low end card, get some thing better than this atleast a 7600GT if you plan to game, 7600GS if you have very little to spend at the moment, 7900GT to get a balance of price and performance and 1900xt for pure performance(it is not the fastest set up, it doesn't even come close).

5) I would rather get 5.1 altec lansing 251 sub 4k.

6) Prescott is the worst, if you happen to have one then you are better off upgrading to C2D when it comes to India. Had it been northwood, that would still have been better, anyway oc your cpu if you want more power at the moment.

OP
M

mukul

Journeyman

intel 2.8GHz with HT ....prescott
256 MB DDR RAM...
2.0 speaker creative...
17" monitor...

i am already having heat issues with this config.....

finally i have thought of buyin a ASUS A8N-VM + AMD 3200+ 1 GB RAM........later will add a graphic card ....
my vendor tells me following cost
2000 bucks for excahnging my mobo and processor ...
3000 bucks for 1gb ram hynix in leiu of 256Mb ...that i would return him...
is the quoted price are fine ....plz reply ....i need help
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom