suggest me correct DVD Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaysquare

Journeyman
hi,

This is my first post. I am buying an LG GSA 4120B DVD burner. I want to record video from my camcorder into DVD. Can u please suggest me the available types(brands rather) of media in indian market :?: :?:

I live in bangalore. Can u pls tell me how to set the Book Type on the burned DVD and how it is helpful. How to make a DVD disc compatible with most DVD players :?: . I use a CyberHome DVD player.

thanks in advance
kaysquare

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Other Brands available include Samsung and Sony and yeah even Liteon too as it has recently come up with a First dual sided writing drive which is very rare here.try visitng their official sites for product updates and info and as far as possible try to avoid cheap Lg dvd writing drives rather opt for a samsung one Its possibly a good and cheap choice for now.
Well as for the compatiblity with ur standard DVD player u must try burning the dvd at a little less speed say 4x and try finalising it at the end.Use Nero 6 it will guide u in it.good luck.

OP
K

kaysquare

Journeyman
hi allwyndlima,

Thanks for the reply. can u pls tell me wat brands of DVD media(+/- R) are available in india. and which one of them gives good performance and if possible their price. which one i shld go for for recording DVD video.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
There are Many brands available in the market curretly of speeds ranging from 4-16x and having 4.75 Gb capacity aprox.some of them are MoserBear,Kodak,Sony,Samsung,Fujiteck etc.i suggest for a Dvd u go in for a branded one just to be sure it will cost u atleast Rs.250 or above.try for a sony one it has good build quality plus 'Its A Sony' as for recorindg a DVD video try a samung DVD-R's it is sufficient enough and if u can try copying it via DVD-DVD for DVD movies and same goes for Your so called Camcorder recorded videos which u can burn from the hard disk just make sure u once u buy these medias try to take efficient care of it and that the base layer dosen't get scratched or damaged and buy only those media's which sell in a Full DVD Casing and not those which sell in the plastic bags those are the cheapest stuff and tend to wear out soon.ok.good luck.chow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom