Suggest me a Laptop Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
Hello,

I am in a need of New Laptop..I prefer AMD, actually it is for the demonstration purpose but found most of the preinstalled system has very different set up than its Desktop counterparts.. Actually I want to install Linux but the laptop that I tested are (compaq) Preinstalled with vista which is difficult to resize and partitioned for dual booting.. Perhaps anyone in Chennai know the good resellers who handled Linux installation. in Laptop may suggests..
Actually I want Compaq Presario V3425AU TK-Note book PC but it is offered with vista only.. any other equivalent configuration in the Market, pl suggests some brand from Acer or HCL.. in the same category.. and the dealers Name..

Thank You,
with regards,
Vaithy

src2206

In the zone
It really depends on your budget...which you did not mention.

If that is not a constraint, you can choose either from Acer, HP or Dell. Features will vary according to the price and vice versa :D

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
well, I have just visited a compaq dealer just now, and have a long discussion...But out of curiosity he asked me the purpose of my purchase.. something about linux.. he was simply frightened out of wit, and instantly offered me some free dos models which are not suitable for my purpose.. However he said he wouldn,t do anything with the Vista installed system, finally come down to one of HCL AXK2102 model .. tomorrow I have to meet him again.. Pentium DualCore T2102 ,512 MB RAM,120 GB SATA, DVD SUPER MULTI1 15.4" TFT I dont know the kind of Linux installed with the system.. Actually whenever I mentioned Linux the guys are having some sort of fit.. finally I agree with Windows XP preinstalled system.. But he mentioned a highest price than Vista, Mind you.. XP is more precious than Vista now..

with regards,
Vaithy

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Dear pathiks,
If I am taking freedos as you suggested, than the whole purpose of purchasing Pc/ or Laptop is defeated..why I have to purchase when I never use the OS ?.. It is simply the matter of right of individual, the consumer, who will decide what is best for him/her..Unfortunately, most of the vendors could not get out of slavery, still behave we the Indian citizen are third grade citizens under MS empire so have no rights to decide...

Finally I settled for Compaq Presario V3425AU TK-Note book PC with vista, yes ,ofcourse, with the major partition taken by vista and minor partition by recovery.. also the dealer did a peculiar thing.. when the sales is completed.. he take a written statement from me such as "....received with factory settings, and any further configuration and modification will be done by me at my own risk" Ofcourse.. I can refuse to sign.. but I want to experiment with the new idea.. what are this people up to,, ?.. Is it standard ? whether all the dealers are doing this ? or only the compaq dealers ..? I didn't take any Xerox of my declaration.. but want to know whether they use it for counter the warranty ? Whether it is legal?

Thanking you,
with regards,
Vaithy

Pathik

Google Bot
cos the freedos os is free!!!
so u ll get a better config with the freedos os than with vista in the same price..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
pathiks said:
cos the freedos os is free!!!
so u ll get a better config with the freedos os than with vista in the same price..
i agree. when you are not gonna use windows why pay for it? instead u cud invest that amount somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom