suggest me a good cool and quiet cabinate for this monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
ok guys suggest me a good cabinate which should cool my system as i know its going to get hot like hell and also a good power supply ie which brand and how many volts and do i need to buy extra fan for this type of system performance is more imp

the reason this system will heat up because it is going to be used with software like maya and will be redering for hours and also i am a hard core gamer here is the config i am going to buy this week finaly

amd 64 bit 3800 with venice core or 3700 with san diego core
asus a8n sli delux mother board (has sound card and network card)
xfx or asus 7800 gtx
4 x igb of trenscend or kingston ram
160 gb sata segate hard disk
cdrw old rig
dvd rom old rig
17 inch view sony moniter old rig
a wacom garphic tablet will be atatched

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Your config doesnt deman any special config. So you could go in for any cabinet you like.I would recommend you, VIP ZB-01.

Where are you getting a 3800 Venice ?
I mean have you confirmed ? also what is it costing you ?

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
at lamington road 3700 with san diego is going to coat 21,500
and 3800 with venice core its 23,500
why are u so dought full is ther something u fell is not right becaus i had heard another dealer in borivili saying that 3800 venice is not yet come to indian market is it true

darklord

Cyborg Agent
There are lot of 3800 Floating around but most are Winchesters i gues.
Also its not clearly mentioned on the CPU box whether it is a Venice or Winnie,you need to find out by the CPU Stepping...thats why i asked..As the dealers are completely unaware of the steppings and all that.

3700 is a guranteed SD as there was no 3700 in 939 before this.
there was 3700 in s754 only if i remember correctly

mohit

The Hardware Labs
man thats one hell of a rig ... for cabby i suggest d best "Antec Super Lan Boy" ...it is amazing and different... also get a minimum 400W smps from antec/coolermaster/powersafe if u dont want to screw up your rig.. go for 450W if u can , the more the better just to be safer. and hey dont forget a real good UPS for your rig. go for nothing less than APC (800 VA min.) .. and as for d procc like everyone had already suggested before go for 3700+ SD.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, go for antec as U can afford it, stay away from Lanboy, they are not for your needs

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
dark lord can u tell me what u mean by the word stepping is it the code something like bp for a venice on the chipset please explain

also mohit all ur suugestion have been note down i will go for antec mostly with 550 volts antec power supply and with 800 volts apc ups
in antec i am confused which one a wirkstaion cabinate or lan boy pls tell which one and why

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Antec Super Lanboy is the best dude ... they use aluminium to make those cabinets....also u had mentioned u r a hardcore gamer , then definitely this one is for u , u get a carry in strap to carry the case with u to lan parties ... it just rocks man and it also comes fitted with two 120mm fans (front n rear) for cooling.. this is adequate i suppose. now its upto u to decide. and buy antec true power series power supply i.e true power 450W or higher. happy gaming :d

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
ya thanks for all the help i will surly go for it just one thing i wante dto ask how quiet it is can it retain the sound of the fans also as this my system will be on for hours to gather for redering do u suugest me put aextra fan or some colling system

mohit

The Hardware Labs
if u r going to work in an air-conditioned environment then i dont think u will require any further colling solutions for ur rig (unless u plan to overclock ur beast) ...the 2 fitted fans on the cabinet (front & rear) will provide adequate ventilation ... and the summer is a year away now , so dont worry !!!

and dont expect a pin drop silent cabinet , if u r going to work for long hours obviously the fans will rotate faster and create some noise atleast .. it will just be audible. u will have to adjust with that. relax.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
ASH18MARCH said:
ok guys suggest me a good cabinate which should cool my system as i know its going to get hot like hell and also a good power supply ie which brand and how many volts and do i need to buy extra fan for this type of system performance is more imp

the reason this system will heat up because it is going to be used with software like maya and will be redering for hours and also i am a hard core gamer here is the config i am going to buy this week finaly

amd 64 bit 3800 with venice core or 3700 with san diego core
asus a8n sli delux mother board (has sound card and network card)
xfx or asus 7800 gtx
4 x igb of trenscend or kingston ram
160 gb sata segate hard disk
cdrw old rig
dvd rom old rig
17 inch view sony moniter old rig
a wacom garphic tablet will be atatched

Hello friend, I was just wondering what is the total price of this killer rig, especially the Asus 7800 GTX.

Thanx

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
will you be able to run 4modules at ddr 400
also,don't take corsair value slect with asus nforce 4

why don't you take msi k8n diamond,does it have any probs with your card,

why not take xms

also, why 4gb ram?

magnet

Youngling
7800..comes ard 30k.......6800gt..comes ard 21k....since rich ppl goes 4 abov card....so its not a big prob for them to xpnad budget further mor by 9k...i guess...no offence to nyone.......

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ok magnet, I have a GF 5200 128MB bought around a year back, cost me around 4500 bucks. I am planning to take a huge leap to a leadtek 6600GT 128MB, price qouted at around 11500 in Kolkata. I considered the x800 xl, but no distributor generally stocks it here. Have been saving for this for a long time. Finally will get it this month...Oh can't wait for the eye candy in Doom3 and HL2...and Farcry!!!

BTW, one off topic question, do you know when Civ4 will release in India?...

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
the msi board has a problem it cannot fit 2 7800 in a sli this is a companys tecnical mistake it performs great but if i am buyig a sli board then it should be a sli for me the card cost 33 thousand from xfx which is overclocked
magnet hum i want call myself rich no dought some people things sonn after they come out but my case is diff i am upgarding my computer after 6 years and that to because of a purpose i am buying this rig for 3d animation and i am buying 7800 because there will be sooon a sof mod out to convert it to a qudro 4500 since both have the same architect only diff driver consider this situation ia qudo 4500 cost 2 lakhs a 7800 cost 33 thousand now decide which u can afford

darklord

Cyborg Agent
dark lord can u tell me what u mean by the word stepping is it the code something like bp for a venice on the chipset please explain

The complete model No. etched on the CPU Metal Heat Spreader gives you exact details about the Stepping.

ADA3000DK4BI = Winchester
ADA3000DAA4BP = Venice

CBBID 0449 MPM = Winchester Stepping
LBBLE 0517 EPAW = Venice Stepping

Antec Super Lanboy is the best dude ... they use aluminium to make those cabinets....also u had mentioned u r a hardcore gamer , then definitely this one is for u , u get a carry in strap to carry the case with u to lan parties ... it just rocks man and it also comes fitted with two 120mm fans (front n rear) for cooling.. this is adequate i suppose. now its upto u to decide. and buy antec true power series power supply i.e true power 450W or higher. happy gaming
Super Lanboy is good but beware,its too small and cramped.But yes,it sure keeps things quiet and cool. :wink:

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
thank u very much dark lord i apprecaite ur help thank u and about lan boy yes these is one part which worrs me it is samll there is a asus cabinate i dont exactly rember its name its more like aalein ware cabinate but it is so big and i am sort of space in my room as this will be my second rig i will se if i can get another workstation model of antec h cabinate they should be big

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ASH18MARCH said:
thank u very much dark lord i apprecaite ur help thank u and about lan boy yes these is one part which worrs me it is samll there is a asus cabinate i dont exactly rember its name its more like aalein ware cabinate but it is so big and i am sort of space in my room as this will be my second rig i will se if i can get another workstation model of antec h cabinate they should be big

are u talking bout this from asus ?
*img57.imageshack.us/img57/6909/379l2ki.th.jpg

it is the asus vento chasis ... looks good and the specs r also good ,
*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=7&l2=37&l3=0&model=379&modelmenu=1

but i dont think it is available in india.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom