suggest me a good C book

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

well the title says it all i want a good C book. also it would be nice if you tell me which e-book is good or from which sites i can learn that C language..
thanks in advance...

47shailesh

Security Exp
+1 for ^^^

Last edited:

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Yes, Let Us C by Yashwant Kanetkar is good for beginners.
For advanced programming, Object Oriented Programming in Turbo C++ by Robert Lafore is good.
For free e-books, google search can help u.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I wud say start with Let us C by Yashwant Kanetkar.
It will clear ur basics pretty fairly and then u wont need any books, u will start to master it.
to know the strength of c, u can even read c projects by yashwant kanetkar.

I dont think these books are legally available for downloads. But they are pretty cheap. 180/- for Let Us C and 350/- for C Projects.
There is a cheaper version of C Projects which comes without a disk

Pathik

Google Bot
Let us c ll help if u dont know nything abt c.. Once u grasp the basics u can learn c++ 4m balagurusamy

47shailesh

Security Exp
let him learn C first then C++... dude first scan all pages of Kanitkar if u r a newbie then it will take you 20 to 30 days...

Then try ur brain on "Test Ur C Skills" and "C under Dos test" if u come out successfully with it having enough confidence then go to some "C" forum solve some issues there....

Then move to C++...

Coz Strong Base is a must.... If ur C is strong then u can cramp C++ like a ground nut ;)

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
May I suggest to you -

The C Programming Language

by Brian W. Kernighan And Dennis M. Ritchie

I've read many books for C, even Let us C and Programming in ANSI C by E Balagurusamy, but I couldn't find a book to match the The C Programming Language. And anyways, who can give you a better and more detailed explanation than the developer of the language himself? I suggest you go for the second edition.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_(programming_language)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
First Kanetkar, if you are a total newbie to programming.
then Balgursamy,
Third comes Robert Lafore.

Dennis Ritchie is a good book but only after reading the above three :D

casanova

The Frozen Nova
ApoorvKhatreja said:
May I suggest to you -

The C Programming Language

by Brian W. Kernighan And Dennis M. Ritchie

I've read many books for C, even Let us C and Programming in ANSI C by E Balagurusamy, but I couldn't find a book to match the The C Programming Language. And anyways, who can give you a better and more detailed explanation than the developer of the language himself? I suggest you go for the second edition.
The book by Dennis Ritchie is not for beginners.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
the Best book with simple language and adapted well with gcc compilers.
C for Dummies-second edition by Dan Gookin.It is really a rocking book!simple enough...but EEE i dont know whether it is available..buy the second edition only.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent

For Theory Exam. Point of view go for
ANSI C by Balaguruswamy

For Practical C Practice

Let Us C By Yashwank Kanetker

For Aptitude

Test Your C Skills
Understanding Pointers in C
Exploring C
All by YPK

OP
nix

nix

thanks a lot guys...
i will start with let us C by kanetkar as you have all said and then go to other books. looks likei will have to buy a new one coz in my college library all are old versions. then i wil study baleguruswamy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom