<< suggest me a good 2.1 speaker>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hello people,
i have got 4000 bucks...and am desiring to buy a good 2.1 speaker within that price....
i zeroed into altec lansing ATP3 and creative Inspire 2600....

do u have any other personal choices????

thanks a lot for ur advice....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Don't go for creative speaker. They are nothing before these:

1) Logitech X-240
2) Altec Lansing ATP3.

among these two, ATP3 is better but is very difficult to get this.

But if you have 4k, extend it to 4.6k and get X-540 (if your pc support surround). Awesome set.

For ultimate music experience over 2.1, get Logitech Z-2300 THX Certified Speakers for 7k :). This is THX certified and will blow every 2.1 speaker set away.

One more that you can check is Logitech Z4i for around 5k.

Total RMS power: 40 watts RMS
Satellites: 17 watts RMS (8.5 watts x 2)
Subwoofer: 23 watts RMS

Satellites: 2-inch dome driver, 2-inch pressure driver
Subwoofer: 8-inch pressure driver

All in all, my pick would be X-540 for 5.1 and Z4i for 2.1. comes in black and in white color

goobimama

 Macboy
Just yesterday I went to my computer dealer cause he said he had a Z2300 setup (someone had ordered it). I wanted to buy these cause the Z5500 has given me awesome sound quality, but there were a lot of mixed reviews.

I didn't like the sound quality. The bass is good. But the mids are totally lacking. A lot of treble. So all kinds of dancy/trancy songs might sound nice and punchy and crisp (those are generally the demo tracks). The Alt rock and Piano tracks I played were totally flat. I wouldn't recommend it.

I didn't listen to the Logitech Z41 much, but it sounded a little better than the ATP-3 especially with bass. It also looks much better if aesthetics mean anything to you. The ATP3 is a very fussy system, being that it needs to be kept at the proper angle, and the bass goes very boomy in a larger room. Still a good system compared to the other low budget 2.1s though.

Compared to that the Altec MX5021 (7.7k) Or Klipsch GMX-a 2.1 are much better deals although that is still not satisfactory.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
If you are willing to extend your budget, get MX5021. That's sells @ around 6-6.5K these days. Terrific speakers!

goobimama

 Macboy
/offtopic:
Well after three months of using Coda (that is, after god know how many years of using dreamweaver), I find it totally lacking in so many areas. And the UI...it needs some serious fixing.

Sorry for taking this offtopic. The offtopic discussion ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom