Suggest me a configuration for a new Assembled PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueboy83

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I want your opinion on what's latest in the market. I am going for a new tower. I want to know a gud configuration for the same..

I dont want a AMD! wud like to go for the Dual Core stuff ... also suggest me a compatiable motherboard to go with the same.. please help!

Thank you!

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Well AMD dual core processors will be a little expensive but will perform much better....
AMD 3800+ X2
ASUS A8N-E
512X2 sticks
Sony DRU 820A (DVD writter)
Antec/VIP 400/450 watts SMPS
Zebronics/VIP cabinet
etc etc.....

IF u want an intel based dual core solution then go for
Pentium D 805
Intel 945 chipset based mobo
512X2 ram
Sony DRU 820A
etc etc.....,.

The intel solution will be much cheaper....but the AMD solution will perform better....Its recommended to go for AMD but if u are tight on budget go for intel...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well i think wait for 4-5 months and then see "Intel Conroe" vs "AMD Athlon" performance and then decide which platform to go for .

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
well i think wait for 4-5 months and then see "Intel Conroe" vs "AMD Athlon" performance and then decide which platform to go for .

Yes, once Conroe is released later this month, there is likely to be drastic price cuts for AMD, especially its dual cores. So better wait for 1-2 months. If urgent, go for Intel 805 D as suggested, but you may have heat problems.

shovik

Banned
Go for the following configuration ::

Intel Pentium D 930 [3.0Ghz, 800Mhz FSB, 2*2MB L2 cache]- Rs.9,800
Intel Original D945PLM- Rs.7800
1GB DDR2 Transcend RAM [533Mhz]- Rs.4,000
Sony DRU Dual-Layer DVD writer- Rs.2,300
120GB Hitachi Hard Disk- Rs.3,100
Vantec/e-life 450Watt PSU- Rs.1300/Rs.490
Viewsonic G70fB 17-inch CRT monitor- Rs.5,900
i-Ball Workhorse cabinet without PSU- Rs.1,000
Microsoft keyboard/mouse combo pack- Rs.650
6200TC 128MB/6600GT 128MB graphics card- Rs.4,400/Rs.7,300

This is the best configuration you can get within 35k without the graphics card and the Vantec PSU.

Regards,
Shovik.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
blueboy83 said:
Hi,

I want your opinion on what's latest in the market. I am going for a new tower. I want to know a gud configuration for the same..

I dont want a AMD! wud like to go for the Dual Core stuff ... also suggest me a compatiable motherboard to go with the same.. please help!

Thank you!
btw whats ur budget??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom