Suggest good hard disk enclosures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anispace

dattebayo
Suggest good USB-Firewire hard disk enclosures!!

Well i have an old 20GB Samsung hard drive gathering dust. Since my new PC has a SATA interface i have no use for it. So i was thinking about buying a USB - firewire enclosure for it, so i can use it as a portable HDD.

I have no idea about the available models or the prices.So plz suggest some good quality ones along with their prices in Mumbai. And any reviews if any1 here has used 1.

Last edited:

suman2005

Broken In
If you want the BEST available locally then look no further than the Vantec USB and eSATA cases. I have both these cases and they are expensive but very well built and have very good data transfer rates. I got the PATA for 2500/- and the eSATA for 3450/- + VAT. If you want these contact Nilesh of ...

APEX Enterprises
Mumbai.
Tel # 23895548 / 23802712
nilesh@apexenterprises.in

the eSATA case is fantastic - the HDD gets recognoised as a regular SATA HDD and I can boot into XP from the HDD in the case. I have not succeded in doing this with a USB2 case.

suman2005

Broken In
Found this comparison of 9 external cases... the Vantec NexStar3 NST-360SU-BK eSATA case I have is the fastest of the lot :)

*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/print/35hdd-enclosure-roundup.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom