Suggest Freeware NTFS Partitioning tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Greetings Everyone,

Can any one suggest any Free or Open Source tool to Partition my single volume NTFS drive. I have tried SwissKnife, but it does nt work on a single vol. and Partition Magic does nt install on my Partition.

It will also be very kind if you give steps on how to use it.

Thanks for all responses.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I tried Partition Magic, but it said-"Windows 2000 detected, Partition Magic does not support it".

The tools I searched on the Forum are partition resizers and unable to partition single volume drives.

If there is a new version of Partition Magic available, please tell its url.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Partition magic is not Freeware!!! There are a couple of good partition managers such as Ranish Partition Manager at *www.ranish.com/part/ and there was another software recently (this month or last month) on Digit CD/DVD...

Arun

Gunner

Broken In
You could always use Boot It! partition manager. Download it from *www.terabyteunlimited.com .It is what I have been using and find it pretty good and easy to use. There is also a free partition manager provided in the April 2006 Digit CD. Look closely and you'll find it. ;)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you are talking about SwissKnife, it doesnt help. It says that it Detected OS system files on the drive hence cannot partition it for Security reasons.
I find it difficult to use PartitionLogic too. Has a somewhat DOS based interface.

@GUNNER

BootIt doesnt seem to be freeware, since it appears under the Purchase secion of the site.

Please try to suggest other tools that may be free.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
WINDOWS PARTITION MANAGER (in disk management)
Also, if you want to partition the whole HDD, inclluding the space with the OS installed, then reinstall WINDOWS and you'll get an option that asks abt what size the partitions should be during installation. (in WIN XP, should be there in others as well, but not sure)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
@MysticHalo

Tried my best on that too. I aint got no Partition, but a single 20 GB (18.6GB) volume. I defragmented but didnt find any unallocated space. Can you help me in steps as how to partition my drive. I plan to install Fedora Core.

digiFriend

In the zone
use "seagate disk wizard ":
it will make bootable disk which will help in harddisk format and has harddisk utilities. other company harddisk have similiar software on their website.
or "Ultimate boot CD"
BOOTABLE cd with trouble shooter

47shailesh

Security Exp
XP embeded feature can b used to serve ur need go to administrative tools in control pannel in disk management chose drive u want to partion as NTFS and here u go. ONE prob with this is u can use this option thenu have to delete partion then create it as NTFS impies data will b lost. use Segate s\w or partion magic as a better option over this. but later are commercial and had a price tag to pay

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Settled with BootItNG.

Only its installation is trial. If run off a floppy, it easily resizes partitions and creates them too.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom