suggest external hard disc upto 100GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:;AddICtEd;:.

Right off the assembly line
hi friens
plz suggest me a good external hard disc which is upto 100GB.
but it should be external!
n plz tell me can external hard discs can attach via USB 2.0??
plz reply me earlier........

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
external and portable HD's are a real use full thing
seagate-100gb-st9100801u2-rk
5400rpm

it can be attached to the USB2 interface

jay4u

In the zone
i would say to go for what vijay_7287 said... its a really nice one... and SEAGATE rocks...

Else you can buy a laptop hard disc and then use a good hdd casing... like one from intex / frontec and ow... u save a lot of bucks also... howwzaat

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Yoy can also use your IDE harsdisks to connect to a ide to usb box.
IOmega exernal usb hdds are very good perpormers.And also not very heavy on your pocket.
Or buy the trancend casing to use small laptop hdds
through usb.

jay4u

In the zone
yes amitsaudy... that's what i said..... used ur present hdd and buy a new casing and save the money.... and yes USB 2 gives a very good transfer rates...

khandu

In the zone
1st of all u should know that 3.5 inch HDD casings require external power supply.. even the original HDD's..

2.5 very expensive 100GB..

so u decide..

OP
;

.:;AddICtEd;:.

Right off the assembly line
thanks all for the advice

hi friens
thanx 4 the advice in case of the external hdd.............
now i am thinking to have a external portable hdd by seagate
am i @ right direction:?: :?:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
i too want 2 want buy a good usb case.cud u plz suggest me some with their prices.
and as khandu said they require external power supply wat did he mean by even original hdds.and does the case's xternal supply connect directly to2 AC power supply or some other way.
thanx in advance

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I would suggest Maxtor External drives. They offer good performance. But they might be pricey if available here. Buying a 3.5" drive + casing is a good, cheap option but make sure you get good quality casing else you could ruin the HDD. And as has been mentioned already, 2.5" HDDs are expensive and slow as compared to 3.5" ones.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
So if a buy a 40GB hdd and a USB case will it fit in my budget of 2.5k?
also wat are the rates for 2.5" and 3.5" 40GB HDDs?? and which company shud i opt for???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom