Suggest another TV >= 40 inches

vyamoham

Broken In
I don't have much idea about TVs. But I need to buy one in near future (read in 2 months).

1. Budget - 50K

2. Display type and size - 40 inches. bigger the better.

3. Primary use of Tv/monitor - Home Theatre

4. Ports Required - HDMI ports (at least 2). Even if no USB, it is fine.

5. Preferred choice of brand - Have been using Sony TV for the past 20 years. It has been good to me. Also have a 32" Samsung LED TV(worked well for last 2 years). I guess LG is also good. Anyway not interested in Micromax, Haier, Crown etc.. A good branded TV is what I need.

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration -No. Don't have any idea.

7. Any other info that you want to share
My priorities in order
1) Picture Quality
2) Bigger size
3) Good warranty and after sales service
4) Audio quality (would spend on Home Theatre Speaker system soon)
5) Features (Don't really care about those. Have an HTPC with me. USB, WIFI, Youtube, Skype, facebook etc not really required).
6) No 3D TV or Ultra HD (possibly not even possible with the budget)

Please provide me suggestions (and it current market price if possible). So can take a look in the showrooms and decide. If possible would like to buy it this week itself. Independence Day offers are there. Or in Kerala we have Onam coming up. But cannot really wait for diwali/christmas. need to buy before that.

I have one more option. I will be travelling to US in October. I suppose the latest models will be available there. Will the prices be cheap there? What about warranty/after sales service? Is it good to wait till oct and get the TV from US? If so, which models should I check there?

Thanks in advance..

mitraark

Decrepit
First of all I would like to advise you to consider a TV with USB Ports, playing videos of a HDD or Pen Drive is one of the most common use of TVs.

Regarding the TV, I myself am looking forward to buying the LG 42LB5610 from Infibeam soon, it's available for 42236/- now, I'll visit the showrrom today to get a demo of LG TVs, hopefully the 5610 will be there, and I'll decide on the purchase after that. It's a simple 42"LED TV with 2x HDMI and 1 x USB, IPS Panel, no Wi Fi no SMART no 3D.

You can get the LG 42LB5820 for 49k with 3x HDMI and 3x USB, SMART,WiFi. But I've decided to save money here and invest in a decent 5.1 Speaker system which is important for a home theatre system ( Trust me, 5.1 Audio in battle/racing movies and games will blow you away when you experience it for the first time. )

I have no idea about taxes for getting stuff from US, people do get electronics stuff from Dubai and THailand because of low taxes.

Top Bottom