Suggest a Mobile under 6K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi friends,
I m planning to dump my old Nokia 1100 and to buy a new phone under 6K budget. So all u mobile monsters, please suggest me a good phone:
FM radio and good loud sound is a must.
Camera (optional not must)
Preferred first Nokia , then SE and then rest of them.
Phone should be durable n reliable as I dont change them frequently.
Please guys help me out fast else my Dad will give me the one he find suitable and rather cheap.
Also tell me how many bucks will my old nokia 1100 fetch me on selling.
Waiting for your response... :D

akshar

Broken In
go for se k300i for around 6.3k
it has got camera mp3 player and irda which no other phone in that range will offer

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
which one is better K300i or K500i and do they have FM Radio and what is the quality/pixel of camera of both.
Also suggest some Nokia models.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
K300i and K500i has the same camera. I recoment k500i as it has got bigger screen and an alien look. Both of them supports mp3 mp4 etc. But the memory of both of them is limited to 12 mb.

mandar5

Youngling
PLS DO NOT HURRY!

Hey dude please do not hurry.2-3 weeks back even i was in same position like yours.I had now extinct 3610 model and i wanted to dump it as soon as possible and buy a gr8 mobile in 6-7k range.I had almost confirmed buying k300i but then i came across k700i and then i vowed buying it.I searched for many authorised sony dealers ,some sold it for 9999 or even 9500.then my friend suggested a dealer in ghatkopar who sells for 8900.I was 2 fingers short of heaven.
I somehow coaxed my parents and increased my budget by 1500.The dealer gave 1300 for my sucking white tube light cum cell with just 2cm display. :wink:
So i got this chick fone from sony stable for 7600 only.The glory started when i took this gadget for my study tour in ratnagiri.The vga camera is just awesome.It outscored the mp camera of nokia counterparts like 6600,3230 etc,There r many features for just camera like 4x zoom,night mode,etc,Even there r special frames to add fun. :)
This was just about camera ,the 3.5 cm tft display is fantastic with 176x 220 resolution which is there only in w800i.The inbuildspeakers ,streaming video,mp4 player just makes it one of the best camera in modest 9 k range.I donot think any nokia model can offer such features in this price range.I have also managed to impress two gals in just 2 days of my tour with my all in one fone :wink:
Hence i advice u to wait for 2-3 weeks increase ur budget and go for k700i as k300i lacks fm.
Please let me know your opinion and doubts i would be happy to answer them.Do u stay in mumbai if yes then the dealer i bought the phone is in ghatkopar east ,and called 9PEA MARKETING.I think u will fetch min 1500rs for your 1100 model .
Cheers,
Mandar :)

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Thanx for replies guys.
I m from haryana.
I dont think My dad will increase the Budget any more from 6k. I want FM radio as a must.
Also tell me how is Nokia 6030 , samsung c230 as they have FM.

vamsee

Broken In
hi,
heard of j300 se???
Only think u dont get FM. but u can get by purchasing fm hands free for 150/- But u will not get any other features if u dont want cam. Catch the price is 4500/-.
I JUST ADVICE JUST SEE THE RINGTONE/ RING VOLUME OF THAT SEXY PHONE. BUT NO CAM
Features
12MB FREE
excellent joystick
mp3, aac, 3gp 40 midi wav arm player
video streaming ie tv on my ph i have aajthak and cnbc on airtel for free any time
Highest volume of any mobile u compare
speakerphone
animation
todo list, organiser
record calls while talking
java with midp 2.0
etc so much pls visit se website for all tech specs.

bye

sudipto

Broken In
Nokia 6030
+65k colours
+dounloadable wallpaper
+no external memory, 3mb internal
GPRS class 6 (24-36kbps)
MMS
WAP 2.0
FM Radio
Built in handsfree

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hey guys , I m getting inclined towards SE K500i hoping it to be around 6k and having good sound and camera. I have just seen a
Stereo FM Radio Handsfree HPR-20
on their website as an attachment to K500i .
I just wanna know the cost of this attachment original.
Any idea? :?:

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hurray ! Finally I got my new mobile.
Its SE k300i and i m quite happy with it right now.
It costed me 6.3k .
I didnt purchased radio handsfree attachment because shopkeeper said it costs a whopping 1000 bucks (original one).
And I sold my old 1100 for 1500 bucks , a fair deal indeed.
Thanks to all u guys for ur suggestions.
BTW , can anyone tell me how I can access internet on my new phone?
I have airtel prepaid.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
activate ur mobile office services by calling customer care.....then send an sms "MO" without quotes to 500 n save ur settings....then u can browse via ur wap browser or connect internet to ur pc using cable

2ndly, can anyone confirm me whether i can use fm headset for this phone for fm ofcourse as this one does not support fm...

@ mandar: all se phones hv the best cam quality.

cheers

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hurray! I have bought a new kingston 1GB data traveller pen drive today and I m loving it.

@speedyguy , thanx for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom