SUggest A Mobile Phone Exclusively for Accessing Internet On PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiluGeek

Broken In
HI Guys Can any one suggest a good Mobile For Accessing Internet on pc thru Mobile tht is dial up, I m Finalising between Nokia 6020-nokia6070 I stay in rented apt in mumbai so mtnl option is out, tata and reliance are expensive other isp are going thru cable net again which is expensive,the last option left is airtel dial up costing 7 rs /day unlimited internet access and download.
clarify.thanx

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hey, gud thoughts buddy!! i do the same i.e. AIRTEL GPRS.....i think in mumbai airtel gives u EDGE support which has got speeds around 13kbps...so b4 buying any fone make sure it supports GPRS class 10 and has EDGE technology......i have Samsung X700...anyways, happy downloading.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well with AirTel the phone will be acting as a GPRS modem... speeds are really poor... :(

yup make sure u buy a phone with EGDE support...

i tried few months back.. customer care really didnt have clue when asked to help on setting up the system to use internet on PC... lol...

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I want to add my experience here because I used EDGE for 7 months ..
I specially baught Nokia 6820 (12K then and the cheapest EDGE phone available at tht time) .
Well in begining it was really good to have running internet around 200+ kbps bcz you can get 284 kbps on EDGE (read somehwere)

But later on as the customer increased on that mobile company.. speed got slow .. slow and slower .. finally I had give up.

Anywasy.. for you..
go for any cheapest EDGE phone .. and dno't expect too much from EDGE .. thugh it can do the job ie. give you internet for most of the things.

Worst thing for this internet was lag in chatting..
It always suffred it.. ie. I used to get msgs in reply at once always..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom