Suggest a LCD Monitor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
Need 22" LCD Monitor..

I know this has been discussed several times, but I am little confused and want to make sure that I get the best deal..

I need a 20" or 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor with DVI input within 14~15K. I would mostly use it for
1. Browsing, Documents, Coding (60% of the time)
2. Movies and Videos( 30%)
3. Games(10%)

I don't need any additional stuff like speakers, webcam, or USB ports. Tilt and Height adjustment would be good but can do without them.

I am going for TN Panels, as others are out of my range. Here are the ones that I am considering right now..

SAMSUNG
Samsung T220

LG
LG L226WTQ

DELL
Dell E228WFP 22"
I am interested in Dell for their quality and warranty, but I really confused regarding their pricing. The above 22" Basic Model costs around 15K, but 22" Ultrasharp costs just 12K. I asked Dell regarding the Ultrasharp Model but they said they no longer sell it in India:(. I got that link for Ultrasharp from a member ranjan2001 in some thread..

Are there any similar offers from Dell? Is there any way to get Dell at a cheaper price?

And I am not interested in Viewsonic/AOC.. Any other good models that i have missed?

Last edited:
OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
Go for Viewsonic instead :)
I seen viewsonic getting bad reviews, so not interested in it..

Dell 2208WFP UltraSharp costs somewhere near to 20k I think.

Among those three, I pick 228WFP.
I am thinking of going ahead with it..

the E228WFP is a noted performer and very good vfm.I got The ultrasharp 2208wfp at 18.5k
I was not clear before.. Go to Dell India site, and enter this E Code R142208W-WEB. You will find Dell Ultrasharp 22" for just 11.7K.. This model does not appear in the normal list of monitors. I asked Dell about it, they say they dont ship it anymore.

4T7

Journeyman
I seen viewsonic getting bad reviews, so not interested in it..

I am thinking of going ahead with it..

I was not clear before.. Go to Dell India site, and enter this E Code R142208W-WEB. You will find Dell Ultrasharp 22" for just 11.7K.. This model does not appear in the normal list of monitors. I asked Dell about it, they say they dont ship it anymore.
Am myself using a viewsonic no probs so far :cool:

OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
I wasted couple of hours to narrow down to those 3. Now I dont want to start over again, so no viewsonic..

My preference is LG, then Dell and Samsung..

I called up dell again and it seems the 22" ultrasharp is available for 18.7K.. I will try to bargain.
Now its going to be either LG or one of the two Dells.

Is ultrasharp worth its price?

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Get 228WFP or 2208WFP, whichever you can afford.

BTW, Also check the new AOC monitor that comes with inbuilt media player.

*www.aocmonitor.co.in/2230Fm.html

reviewers consider it as a decent monitor. It's inbuilt media player has a 4-in-1 card reader.

But when it comes to sheer quality, nothing beats dell and samsung.

OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
I will go ahead with ultra sharp 2208WFP if i can get it for ~15k.. Else it going to be 228WFP. Waiting for dell to reply..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I will go ahead with ultra sharp 2208WFP if i can get it for ~15k.. Else it going to be 228WFP. Waiting for dell to reply..

I am going to SP Road today to buy RAM. Will find out if 2208WFP is available there. If yes, you can get it for much lower price. Hold on till I report back :)

Checked at Golcha in SP Road.

Price of 2208WFP is around 16k. Do some bargain and you may get it for 16k :)

Last edited:
OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
Checked at Golcha in SP Road.

Price of 2208WFP is around 16k. Do some bargain and you may get it for 16k :)

Thanks desibond:smile:.. I live in bangalore.. Dell sent the quotation for 2208WFP, Rs 14,989 inclusive of all taxes and shipping charges with 3 years warranty. Just within my budget..

Now, shall I buy at Golcha or Dell?
Regarding Golcha, I dont think he would reduce the price any further..:( I am not sure whether I would get warranty or not..

Regarding Dell, I hate the waiting time. They said they would ship within 7 days. Any Bangalore users to confirm this?

I am in touch with 3 Dell sales managers.. And I got 3 different prices for 2208WFP.
First one said its not available, and next day, he quoted a price of 18.7k.:(
Second one gave prices almost 1.5k less than that of first.
Finally, third one quoted 15k, just withing my budget.:)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Call the third person and get the monitor for 15k. It's really good price.

7days of wait it nothing before 2k money saved. :)

It may not take 7days. about a month ago, my friend ordered 1520 laptop and got it in 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom