Suggest A Lappy < 50K

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Hello Guys ,

I want to purchase a new laptop so was on crossroads , hence , decided to consult fellow digitians !

Here are the specifications which are most preferred ::

Intel C2D 2.0GHz / 2.1GHz
13" or 14" Widescreen LCD/TFT ( Least Preferred 15" due to portability issues. )
2GB Or 3GB RAM
250GB HDD
nVidia Dedicated GPU ( 8600GT Or 8400GS )

Make sure that the price doesn't exceeds the limit of Rs.50000/- !

I was looking at the Dell Inspiron 1525 but it doesn't have a dedicated GFX ! Also , it has a screen size of 15" which is least preferred :(

Main purpose of the lappy is high performance and moderate gaming.

So waiting for ur suggestions and opinions !

Thanks & Regards ,

BBThumbHealer ! :)

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

^ 15" Screen and No Dedicated GPU !
Has the Dell Inspiron 1420 Been Discontinued ?

Last edited:
OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

^ Whats the actual cost of that because on Dell's site , prices haven't been revised ! The XPS M1530 still costs a bomb if we get it customised to the configuration to which dOm1naToR got that !

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

^ its mentioned on their website , when i click customise ! It has got the X3100 Intel Graphics Media Accelerator.

What's the GPU in Inspiron 1525 ?

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
If you have not checked then check this Compaq Presario CQ45-100

I would say this is the best under 50K laptop, even with you go with Dell Studio with HD3450, the compaq has better config with

acewin

Point Blanc
just to let u know shashank if you have not checked compaq specs of the model I suggested. It has nVidia 9200 GPU and proccy is T7350 better than 5850 only if u raise ur budget more and get T8100 and have not checked this Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology Comparison chart

The lappy got all video ports like HDMI n DVI and max RAM upgrade can be upto 8GB

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Will a MacBook be able to run AutoCAD and Turbo C ?
It’s out of your budget now. If you’d purchased it before 31 August, you could’ve snagged it for just Rs. 45,000. You gotta pay Rs. 52,000 for the basic model now.

And, in any case, I wouldn’t recommend it for you.

just to let u know shashank if you have not checked compaq specs of the model I suggested. It has nVidia 9200 GPU and proccy is T7350 better than 5850 only if u raise ur budget more and get T8100 and have not checked this Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology Comparison chart

The lappy got all video ports like HDMI n DVI and max RAM upgrade can be upto 8GB

@acewin: The laptop you have suggested has a price tag of 49,990 EXCLUSIVE of taxes. So with taxes it will go anywhere between 53-55K. Thats quiet over his budget i think.

@BBThumbHealer: I am not sure how good is that ATI card in the Studio laptop. I think instead of that X3100 will be a reasonable choice for quiet lower price. But since you need it for gaming, i guess you should increase your budget by 3-4K and buy either the one he suggested or any XPS model from dell, that falls into budget.

aditya_v

Broken In
@acewin: The laptop you have suggested has a price tag of 49,990 EXCLUSIVE of taxes. So with taxes it will go anywhere between 53-55K. Thats quiet over his budget i think.

@BBThumbHealer: I am not sure how good is that ATI card in the Studio laptop. I think instead of that X3100 will be a reasonable choice for quiet lower price. But since you need it for gaming, i guess you should increase your budget by 3-4K and buy either the one he suggested or any XPS model from dell, that falls into budget.
that ati HD 3450 == geForce 8400

aditya_v

Broken In
hmm, then i guess its OK to go with the Studio with ATI graphics, it won't do wonders but it will still be better then X3100.

@aditya_v : Thanks for the info :)
:)

ATI HD 3450 === 8400 Go
HD 3470 == 8600GT

one can check on laptoptogo.com.

This was the 1st thing i wanted to know since i do research in 3d graphics.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Dell XPS 1330, when customised, comes with 8400M GS 128MB GDDR3 grafix card but the lappy will cost around 48-50k.

BTW, I do recommand it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom