Suggest a good phone in 20K

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple_grew

Broken In
Hello friends.

I am planning to buy a mobile in 20K, preferably Nokia. I need Wifi and Edge support with good music, video playing capability and big enough screen to browse the internet comfortably. I being a power user I need the flexibility to tweak my phone (hence LG is complete no-no). Can u suggest a phone with the above in 20K (with Linux preferably)?

Hope I am not asking for too much... :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
umm..Moto A1600 maybe a good choice. Symbian phones are not too moddable.
You can also check out the SE G900 for its touchscreen and symbian UIQ(highly moddable) or then theres the N82.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
for 20k you will get n82 it has wifi,edge and a 2.4 inch screen. If you want a bigger screen there is n95 but it is slower than the n82.you wont get wififrom lg and re

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hello friends.

I am planning to buy a mobile in 20K, preferably Nokia. I need Wifi and Edge support with good music, video playing capability and big enough screen to browse the internet comfortably. I being a power user I need the flexibility to tweak my phone (hence LG is complete no-no). Can u suggest a phone with the above in 20K (with Linux preferably)?

Hope I am not asking for too much... :D
If you can expand your budget up to 24k then get the Nokia N95 8gb. It has a huge 2.8" display and everything else you need. Or you can get the N82 for 19k.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
As krazzy said, I think u must go 4 the N82 within this budget range...Its a complete power house and u will not regret ur decision...

Much bigger screen - Go for N95 8 GB..But it is slower than N82..

OP
A

apple_grew

Broken In
Hello everybody.

Thanks for all ur suggestions. I will check them out and let you know which I will ultimately opt for. :)

Hello again.

Thanks once more for ur suggestions. I have browsed the net for reviews on them. Below r my comments on them.

1) Moto A1600 - I loved its transparent front panel (at least it looked good in the pic). It runs Linux a very BIG plus (as I am a Linux enthusiast), but the general user opinion is not good (as in *www.gsmarena.com/motorola_a1600-2433.php).

2) SE G900 - Looks Ok. It seems to be very moddable (a very BIG plus once more), but reviews on it seems to be mixed. Ref: *www.whatmobile.net/forumvb/showpost.php?p=261889&postcount=75 , *blog.se-nse.net/reviews/sony-ericsson-g900-review/ . I personally distrust Sony Ericssion brand. I have used many of my firends' SE phones and I have found their UI to be anti-user friendly. (Simply put it - it sucked) Hence I am a bit apprehesive about SE phones.

3) SE P1i - People seemed to prefer G900 to P1i.

4) Nokia N95 - It's over budget. My actual budget is around 15k and I have streatched it to 20k so I can't stretch anymore.

4) Nokia N82 - It seems to be good and people tend to give positive reviews abou it. After reading about it I am going game about it. Wow. Maybe I will buy this.

I have a general doubt though. Can we upgrade to newer version of Symbian OS when that is out (guess not), but a vendor claimed so? And please suggest any other phones u know to let me make an informed decision. (BTW my current phone is LG M4410 which I bought 3yrs ago. The only good thing is its good looks - some will call it bulky and screen resolution that's all, and I paid 12k for that!)

BTW I time and again I reading a bad point about N82 is its bad battery life. Is it that bad??

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
I think you are talking about n95 8gb not n95 right? because n95 comes at nearly 18k
No you cant upgrade to a new OS but ya you will receive the current OS update.. its like XP update not XP to vista upgrade..
I dont know about the battery but yes the n82 battery has lesser capacity then n95 8gb (1050mAh compaired to 1200mAh for n95 8gb)
Actually if you google for more you will find that the main reason for n95's fall was its battery which was 1050mAh
I would suggest you to wait for a month now.. Some new mobiles will be comming.. and expecting a drop in price.. n95 8gb already dropped to 25k from its 28k in last 15 days.

Hello everybody.

Thanks for all ur suggestions. I will check them out and let you know which I will ultimately opt for. :)

Hello again.

Thanks once more for ur suggestions. I have browsed the net for reviews on them. Below r my comments on them.

1) Moto A1600 - I loved its transparent front panel (at least it looked good in the pic). It runs Linux a very BIG plus (as I am a Linux enthusiast), but the general user opinion is not good (as in *www.gsmarena.com/motorola_a1600-2433.php).

2) SE G900 - Looks Ok. It seems to be very moddable (a very BIG plus once more), but reviews on it seems to be mixed. Ref: *www.whatmobile.net/forumvb/showpost.php?p=261889&postcount=75 , *blog.se-nse.net/reviews/sony-ericsson-g900-review/ . I personally distrust Sony Ericssion brand. I have used many of my firends' SE phones and I have found their UI to be anti-user friendly. (Simply put it - it sucked) Hence I am a bit apprehesive about SE phones.

4) Nokia N95 - It's over budget. My actual budget is around 15k and I have streatched it to 20k so I can't stretch anymore.

4) Nokia N82 - It seems to be good and people tend to give positive reviews abou it. After reading about it I am going game about it. Wow. Maybe I will buy this.

I have a general doubt though. Can we upgrade to newer version of Symbian OS when that is out (guess not), but a vendor claimed so? And please suggest any other phones u know to let me make an informed decision. (BTW my current phone is LG M4410 which I bought 3yrs ago. The only good thing is its good looks - some will call it bulky and screen resolution that's all, and I paid 12k for that!)

BTW I time and again I reading a bad point about N82 is its bad battery life. Is it that bad??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you need really heavy battery life, Go for SE G900. Is avilable for 20k right now.

12hr battery life
2.4" touchscreen
5mp cam
wifi

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
N82 is the best in this budget...Its totally feature packed...If its keypad is not a problem 4 u, then u must definitely buy it...A full power house...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hello everybody.

Hello again.

If you cannot stretch beyond 20k then go for N82. It is the best phone under 20k for now. And no you cannot upgrade to newer versions of the OS, no matter what that vendor says.

And honestly there is nothing bad about the N82 battery. It works just fine.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well i was thinking about W902 but now with the lauch of N85 i think W902 users will be shifted towards N85

i think photoflash = dual led flash

wait for N85 dude

OP
A

apple_grew

Broken In
Well now I am confused. I am planning to buy N82 day after tomorrow as VAT is supposed to be revised to 12% from 8th Sept, hence the net prices are bound to go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom