Suggest a good digital Camera for 13K-15K

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys,

I want to buy a Digital Camera and my range is 13K to 15K I guess this shud get me a preety good digital camera.

I want it mainly for clicking pictures and jus few video recordings so please suggest me a good one from Sony brand.

Cheers n e-peace....

seriuslyblack

Broken In
i think Canon A540 is a good buy. my friend's got it. not bad pictures for the price. only thing is LCD has too much less pixels.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i always prefer Nikon but it might be that it has a higher price.. next choice... SONY w50 the vdo quality is really awesome so is the images...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I need it from Sony only guys, also tat it shud hv Expandable memory so tat I can add Memory cards upto the capacity of 1 GB in it. THe LCD display must be good enough (very much on the finer side) so tat im able to judge the picture b4 clicking them and seeing them on the PC.

And the batteries shud be rechargeable. Any models tat i shud be looking into ?? pelase help.. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
w50 and 30 both are good... both have expandable memory and they have a Sony battery which comes with a charger...they are not compatable with traditional AA battery... so u need to get a spare one afterwards ..

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
So im ready to spend even 14K but tell me the top most from Sony. Is the W50 the latest or are there any other models higher than the W50 ?

Cheers n e-peace...

Cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i think W100 is latest... but don't know the price
take a quote of Sony CyberShot H2 cam... if u need to add a little this cam worth that... otherwise go for W100... W70... W50... the only difference in these 3 is the megapixel where W100 is 8.1 ... w70 is 7.2.... and all have 3X optical zoom...

Sony CyberShot H2 has a 6megapixel but has a briliant 12X optical zoom.

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ajayashish said:
i think W100 is latest... but don't know the price
take a quote of Sony CyberShot H2 cam... if u need to add a little this cam worth that... otherwise go for W100... W70... W50... the only difference in these 3 is the megapixel where W100 is 8.1 ... w70 is 7.2.... and all have 3X optical zoom...

Sony CyberShot H2 has a 6megapixel but has a briliant 12X optical zoom.

So are these so called "Mega Pixel" create any major difference from the range tat u hv mentioned above like from 6 MP tp 8MP ??

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Well for me the Megapixels don't make way too much difference after 5 MP because typically it's more than enough to satisfy all ur requirements but good optical Zoom is an must..

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Ashish

Thanx for ur reply bro, so i guess the W %) has better optical zoom right ?? any other sony ones tat hv better optical zoom than W50 ??

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Go for maximum megapixels only if you want to enlarge your pictures too much.
Go for a long zoom only if you want to shoot from a long distance as in case of wildlife or bird photography. And for an inexperienced photographer with unsteady hands, a 12X zoom without image stabilization will be of little use.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
So with a Sony W50 digital camera, till wat extent can i enlarge a picture ?? can it be enlarged enough for a medium sized photoframe pic ??

All u guys hv helped me a lot in narrowing my choice to Sony w50 :) thanx alot again :)

Cheers n e-peace...

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
3X Optical zoom is more than enough. Yes, you can have the images as large as medium sized photoframe or even more than that.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well OPTICAL ZOOM is never enough for me... sony gives only 3X in all the w100 50 and 30... so i will say go for 50 ... u can have good pics and can have a medium size pics easily...

3MP will give u 2048 px X 1536 px images
5MP will give u 2592 px X 1994 px images
8MP will give u 3264 px X 2448 px images

So for normal purpose i always take pics in 3MP.. but when i need them for graphic work (thats my profession) i take them in 5MP or 8MP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom