suggest a config

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
A friend of mine whos a businessman wants to start a gaming parlour.....so he was asking me for a good configuration pc.

i guess u guys m8 understand what kind of a pc is needed. also if any of u go to any gaming parlours, then tell me abt it. like how things work and rules, charges etc. becos my frnd is new to it.

he wants a config with everything frm a monitor to gfx card.

main thing is the gfx card. i have suggested him the 7 series frm geforce. he has kept aside like 7k for a gfx card.

he doesnt have a budget set but wants to spend as less as possible for the pc.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Unless you give a budget it becomes really hard to make a gaming PC.
I'm going to disregard your comment of only 7k on the graphics card because this is a gaming parlour we are talking about.

Core 2 Duo E6300 Rs. 10000
Intel D965RY mobo Rs. 7200
1 GB DDR2 667 MHz RAM Rs. 5000 (upgrade to 2 GB when Vista releases)
Geforce 7900GT Rs. 17,000
160 GB Seagate SATA2 HDD Rs. 3100
17" Acer Rs. 6200
Liteon Combo drive Rs. 1300 (you don't need a DVD writer just to install games)
Headphones Rs. 700 (you obviously can't have speakers in a gaming parlour)
Logitech keyboard and Microsoft Comfort 3000 mouse Rs. 1000
Cabinet + 500W Powersafe PSU Rs. 3500

Total Rs. 55,000

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
This is the hell of a machine to be kept in a gamin parlour.
Just get the right hardware to play all games with some basic effects turned on.
As bout a gamin parlour the most important thing is storage for all those mutiple GB games. Get some 250GB per PC and go for only 512 MB ram as it would let u play all games with decent perfomance[load times may be a bit longer than using a 1GB, but its good as people might waste a lil more time waiting for the game to get loaded.].
The config goes as follows.
AMD Athlon 3000+ or 3200+ [4k or 4.5k]
Asus A8N VM CSM or simply A8NVM [4.1k or 4k]
2x256 DDR400[4k]
250GB Seagate sata2[4k]
nvidia GF 7300GT or 7600GS[5.5k or 6.5k]
DVD ROM[1.1k]
Zebronics cab + 400W 24pin[comes with the PSU] @[1.3k~1.5k]
Altec Lansing 512i headphones with good build quality nd good sound+ bass[650]
small desktop speakers[500] optional.
17" non flat viewsonic [5k]
Logiteck basik KB + optical mouse [800]
------------------------------------------
31350/-
U will need some network hub for at least 16 PC connectivity.

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
@arvind_n20 thats a good config given by you. no harsh feelings drvarunmehta, that m8 be the best config todate but its not very recommendable as he wants to run a parlour with many pcs.

adding to arvind_n20's config pls suggest a good mobo and processor for that range, i mean which will be better. the 7600GS will be the choice for the gfx card.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U mean something more pwerful or less??If u want a more powerful nd more stable mobo then:
ASUS A8NE : It has got lot more features. It has onboard Gigabit LAN with upto1GBPS but A8NVM has 10/100 with 100MBPS speed. It would be better if the former is used.
As bout proc u can get a 3500+ for 5300. Its far better for gaming.
Also as bout 7600GS look for one having good active cooling nd also get one having RAMSINKS. But most won't have ramsinks as its only DDR2 nd it won't get that hot. But its a gamin parlour nd it ain't gonna a min rest for whole day. SO better if it has a good fan. Add as much as 80mm cheap fans as in a gaming parlour who bothers bout the fan noise. Everybody will have some headphones nd their would be more noise frop the poeple than anythin else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom