suggest a Cabinet and power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnathelord

In the zone
guylots of things heard from u about cabinets and power supplys,

currently i m using a techcom basic(read suck) enclosure with as frontec 230 w power supply, the system suffers as it get hot, i m using pIV 2.4 prescott with 845gv chipset, my budget is 2K 8)

geek_rohit

In the zone
Get a cabinet from any reputed brand, with a power supply of atleast 300W. Just ensure that there is a good scope of adding more fans for better cooling.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Get KPPL cabinets.They are pretty decent.
Also ask them whether they will replace the SMPS that comes with the Cabinet with a Powersafe one.If yes they go for Powersafe 400 Watt one.

That should be sufficient for your system.

Hmm you have a Prescott,best of luck....hehehhee

few days back 2 Prescotts fried at my friends uncle's client due to heat and insufficient PSU and overall bad assembling.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
powersafe 400wats comes for about 1800 from Kunhar and taxes extra,somewhere it may also be avilalbe for 1.5k .

vip cab+smps may be for 2k

mohit

The Hardware Labs
for around 1400/- you can go for an Ibox Grantsdale Cabinet specially designed for the prescott's. i am using the same and it comes with a 350W SMPS. The build quality is decent but i doubt the SMPS rating. I suggest increase your budget and buy a Powersafe SMPS 400 watts and any cabinet for around 1000/- bucks. Total cost 2800/-

shaunak

Tux Fan
i found the i box ones quite attractive.
they come with heat vents which r quite effective n dont cost the moon either.

ps: anyone knows the ibox web page i forgot :oops:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The selection of a box and smps is determined by what you are putting into it. Suppose its a normal run of the mill system any box with a powersafe 400W smps is recommended Just see the box has an option to pou in an exaust fan. Now if you are into heavy gamming / data manipulation or any other heavy work and will be needing multiple disks etc then I suggest you go in for what is called a server chassis This setup has hot swapable fans for the HDD and processors also the smps is more rugged designed for a 24x7 type of usage. The only drawback of this is the cost these setups are in the range of 5-10K without SMPS.

OP
K

krishnathelord

In the zone
pradeep_chauhan said:
The selection of a box and smps is determined by what you are putting into it. Suppose its a normal run of the mill system any box with a powersafe 400W smps is recommended Just see the box has an option to pou in an exaust fan. Now if you are into heavy gamming / data manipulation or any other heavy work and will be needing multiple disks etc then I suggest you go in for what is called a server chassis This setup has hot swapable fans for the HDD and processors also the smps is more rugged designed for a 24x7 type of usage. The only drawback of this is the cost these setups are in the range of 5-10K without SMPS.

thank u but as i said i m not a great gamer i work on my pc for 2hrs. at a strech so accoring to u is i just buy 400w power safe and use it with 2 extra fans(100mm one at inlet and other at outlet) it will suffice

i m using 2.4 prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom