Suggest a best mobile with FM under 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasidhar

Broken In
Hi friends,
I want to buy a new mobile with FM.My budget is around 5000.Kindly Suggest a best mobile.But the battery can withstand 2 days.Thanks for your timing :p

-Sasidhar.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
sasidhar said:
Hi friends,
I want to buy a new mobile with FM.My budget is around 5000.Kindly Suggest a best mobile.But the battery can withstand 2 days.Thanks for your timing :p

-Sasidhar.
Like codename_romeo suggested...Nokia 6030...it is well within your budget. It is retailing for around Rs.4000 (depending on the place you purchase, it may vary by a couple of hundred).

My earllier cellphone was Nokia 6030 (I still have it as my wife uses it now) it has a great FM radio with AMAZING battery life...it got the BEST BUY award in it's class. It'll easily last you for 2 days with good amout of FM usage & some talktime. Also you can get a data cable seperately (only in grey market) for around Rs.250 to download ringtones, wallpapers, games etc from your PC to Nokia 6030.

K

krazyfrog

I would suggest you go for SE J230i instead of 6030. J230i has stereo fm radio instead of mono in 6030. The sound quality is also better. Rest all features are same. It comes for around 3k.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, the features are definitely better in j230i but handling the two phones, i feel the 6030 is sturdier than j230i!

K

krazyfrog

I've had huge problems with 6030's navigation keys. I always tend to accidently press the centre ok key instead one of the navigation keys. Also the fm volume in 6030 is also very low and impossible to hear in crowded places (general opinion, not just mine). No such problems in J230i.
@Tech.Masti, the differences between the two are quiet negligible.

busyanuj

In the zone
two phones: motorola c168 and nokia 6030 which sell a lot due to the less than 5k tag + fm radio.

of these, nokia 6030 is built sturdier and outlasts the motorola counterpart.

So, I'll recommend nokia 6030.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Even I have Nokia 6030 with me and I think it's the best mobile in the sub 4k range. I think it must cost around Rs 3,900 or so.

caleb said:
My earllier cellphone was Nokia 6030 (I still have it as my wife uses it now) it has a great FM radio with AMAZING battery life...it got the BEST BUY award in it's class. It'll easily last you for 2 days with good amout of FM usage & some talktime. Also you can get a data cable seperately (only in grey market) for around Rs.250 to download ringtones, wallpapers, games etc from your PC to Nokia 6030.
Yes, the battery life is great. I listen to FM for almost 1-2 hours daily and still I charge the battery once in 3 days only.

Regarding the FM radio, the sound is little low and it's not good for using on the move.

K

krazyfrog

Tech Geek said:
Can we play songs in the Nokia 6030(transfered from comp.)
No, 6030 does not support music files like mp3/aac. Actually this feature is totally absent in phones below 5k. Understandable considering their low price.

sarandigit

Broken In
though mobiles less than 5k dont support music files, u can record sounds and use them. of course, the sound quality will b poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom