Sudokool - testing phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
---plz ignore this post n scroll down for latest developments in Sudokool---

Dear Friends .. Hi !!!
Here is a testing job for u people.
I have modified the Sudokool game and optimised the display to work in linux.However it may be possible that still the game window doesn't give the desired look on ur distro. Don't worry i have made the game window resizable this time. So u can resize the game window according to ur needs.
I have tested it on my FC4 (KDE 3.4 with 1024x768 display).
U will have to install jre 5 for linux for running Sudokool. get it here
Screenshot:
*img228.imageshack.us/img228/2481/preview0et.th.gif
Get the zip archive here
U r advised to read Readme.htm file in the archive.
Please report two points in this thread ...
1. Are the sound events in the game working ?
2. Is the game able to read saved games,records and library puzzles ?
I have not been able to test the above two bcoz even after installing jre 5 FC4 is still using the gcj (default java libraries) which were shipped with it.I had to compile the game on windows n then i could only check the GUI in FC4 :x

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
OK, now its better, but still got problems while resizing the window.
have a look.
*img152.imageshack.us/img152/9754/screenshotsudokool1rm.th.png

1. Sound events are working.
2. the game is able to save, read the saved games and library puzzles. But it'd be nice if you have a browse button or a lost of saved games whie opening saved games.

and where's sourcecode ? may be we people can help if you post the source code.

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
Ok buddy ..
keeping with the spirit of open source software, I will include the source code in the game. I know it will be difficult for u people to understand the code so let me include in the game what u have suggested n then i will post the game n u can make changes.
Thanks alot for ur help :D

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
---EDITED---for new Sudokool link scroll down to latest post ---

Hi Friends
I have fixed the things..
Now the game window is resizable and the grid lines also get dynamically positioned according to need. Moreover once u resize the window n exit the game, the window size will be saved and next time the game will load the previously saved window size.I have also added file chooser/browser in save/load option for making things easy. I would request u to test the game in both windows n linux (I have tested on my pc on both the platforms).Please report the following points :
1. Is file chooser/browser working properly ? Is it opening in the default saves directory ?
2. Is the window now resizing properly with grid lines in proper positions ?
Get the updated Sudokool here
Please post the screenshot if the display is not proper ?
I would request u to post any suggestions in this thread. I will try to make suitable additions in the game. But if u still want to take headache urself, then u can get the source code on my homepage link given in Readme.htm file in the archive.

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
Please tell me how can i configure my FC4 to use the JDK 5 instead of the default gcj. I tried editing /etc/java.conf but it didn't work.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
For working jdk over gcj , expot the PATH. If the installation directory is /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05, you need to put the bin subdirectory into your PATH.
Code:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05 
PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

Add these lines to ~.bash_profile

In order to pick up the PATH changes, log all the way out, then back in.

ujjwal

Padawan
Operating system : Linux (2.4.29 / Slackware 10.1)
Resolution : 800x600

Resizing - Works well, the grid gets repositioned well, there are some minor misplacements occasional, but nothing big.

Sound - I could hear some kind of a crashing noise on filling some squares, but they seemed quite inconsistant.

File browser - works well.

All in all, I must say - good job!

OP
tech_cheetah

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
hi friends !!!
Thanks for ur help. :)
Since the game is made in java, which is plaform independent,I hope it will work on other OS like Solaris,Mac etc. also.
So here i think is the final version of Sudokool (at last).
download
Please feel free to share this game on other linux forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom