sudden restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

anshul

Journeyman
Help
I recently got windows XP installed on my computer. But now new problems have risen.

=> The computer restarts without any warning. I went into the power management options and disabled turning off hard disks and monitor after certain period. But this doesnt solve the problem. :cry: :cry:

=> I installed nero 5.5 on my computer. But when I tried to run nero , it gives an error that "the executable file of nero has been modified. Maybe the computer is infected with a virus. Do full system scan and try installing from an original nero CD." I am using the CD bundled with the combi drive. Before installing XP, I had the same problem in Me. :cry:

Please help me out of this problem.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hi anshul... regarding ur first problem , it can be due to anything such as a faulty smps or loose wiring ... firstly make sure you have a GOOOD branded smps min 350 W for a normal system and 400 W if u have a high end gaming rig... go for brands like antec,powersafe etc. you havent mentioned your config , this problem can be due to overheating also ... make sure you have a very well ventilated cabinet with xtra cooling fans etc and make sure your cabinet is dust free ... if you are using an intel prescott then be prepared to face frequent overheating. also check for loose wiring and i suppose yo u have a good UPS also to protect against surges.

For the second problem i suggest you go to the dealer and get the nero cd exchanged for another as this cd seems corrupt to me.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
For a normaql system....300 watts is enough.But if u have multiple hdds,cd writers,powerfull graphics card then u need 350 watts nd upwards.
Regarding ur prob it could be anything
Check ur system for virus
Update ur drivers
Check wirings
Check ur psu

For a system such as p4 2.8 ,512 Ram,80 gb hdd,Fx 5200,DVD ROM,Cd writer... 300 watts is perfect provided its truly 300 watts.

D

Deleted member 5901

hey i THIS IS WAT MY CONFIG WILL BE LIKE SUGGEST ME A GOOD SMPS AND UPS (CHEAP !!!)

LET ME TELL U VIP/ANTEC/POWERSAFE IS NOT AVAILABLE IN JABALPUR!!!

AMD ATHLON 64 2800+/3000+/3200+
ASUS K8N-E DELUXE
TRANSCEND DDR 400 512MB
GeForce Fx 5700Le
SAMSUNG / SEAGATE (PUMA/BARACUDA)(SATA)80 GB
COMBO or MAYBE (CD writer & DVD ROM DRIVE !!!)
SMPS - company????? WATTS ??????
UPS - COMPANY ???? 500va or 600 va?????

HEY HELP ME !!!

CHEERS !!!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Buy I box cabinet.The smps that comes with it is very godd.Or u can buy VIP.Whatever u buy make sure that it supplys 14amp at least in +12 volt rails.U can get this info from the sticker on the psu.If u r buying a new rig then look for 350 watts.U can buy 400 watts but that will cost u a bomb

shyam911

Journeyman
i box is good. I would also suggest frontech. i am not sure if its available in your area. i have been using it for the past 2 years and it has been good.

D

Deleted member 5901

Frontech is available here !!! hey Watz the cost of i box approx ???

plz guys ne1 has a config like mine ??? coz i still have 2 pick up my processor and i had gone 2 this computer guy and he told me i made a mistake selecting AMD !!! he says it still has the overheating burning out problem !!!!

I am a bit worried so i have thought to blow it wit fans from every angle !!! Even DRILL into the case to fit faNs !!!

mr King_Niral your congiguration looks pretty good

Thanx expertno.1 !!!

PLz help me !!!!

I am getting an intex ups for Rs1650 and Numerice for Rs2200 I knw Numeric is GOOD but is INTEX sufficiet for my NEEDS ????

Cheers !!!!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@ king_niral
hey buddy here are my suggestions

:arrow: dont go for a socket 754 amd , go for socket 939 if it is in your budget.

:arrow: if u can't go for socket 939 then for socket 754 go for this board ASUS K8N4-E-DELUXE (nforce 4 chipset)

:arrow: Ibox smps is no good and neither are any brands like frontech,intex etc ... i am having an ibox cabinet but then i changed the smps to an antec as i was facing problems like restarts. Better get an antec or powersafe smps somehow through your local dealers or you can do what i did ... contact antec (contact available on the contacts sticky) and ask them if they are ready to ship u a smps provided you pay shipping and all taxes etc.

:arrow: UPS - strictly avoid Intex and go for a 600 VA Numeric instead. it is better than intex anyday. you can also try APC/TVS

:arrow: HDD dont go for Samsung. Go for Seagate SATA/SATA 2.

:arrow: Also try buying 2 * 256mb ram modules instead of 1 512mb ... as you will able to use dual channel and also be safe if one gets screwed.

:arrow: Lastly avoid the 5700 Le card ... LE cards are no good. go for a vanilla 6600 if in ur budget instead of the 5700 le.

D

Deleted member 5901

mohit said:
@ king_niral
hey buddy here are my suggestions

:arrow: dont go for a socket 754 amd , go for socket 939 if it is in your budget.

:arrow: if u can't go for socket 939 then for socket 754 go for this board ASUS K8N4-E-DELUXE (nforce 4 chipset)

:arrow: Ibox smps is no good and neither are any brands like frontech,intex etc ... i am having an ibox cabinet but then i changed the smps to an antec as i was facing problems like restarts. Better get an antec or powersafe smps somehow through your local dealers or you can do what i did ... contact antec (contact available on the contacts sticky) and ask them if they are ready to ship u a smps provided you pay shipping and all taxes etc.

:arrow: UPS - strictly avoid Intex and go for a 600 VA Numeric instead. it is better than intex anyday. you can also try APC/TVS

:arrow: HDD dont go for Samsung. Go for Seagate SATA/SATA 2.

:arrow: Also try buying 2 * 256mb ram modules instead of 1 512mb ... as you will able to use dual channel and also be safe if one gets screwed.

:arrow: Lastly avoid the 5700 Le card ... LE cards are no good. go for a vanilla 6600 if in ur budget instead of the 5700 le.

Hey thanx for the suggestions man it will help me !!!

a slight update i forgot to add it above !!!

AMD ATHLON 64 2800+/3000+/3200+ (NOT BOUGHT!!)
ASUS K8N-E DELUXE (BOUGHT FROM LAMINGTON ROAD MUMBAI !!! )
TRANSCEND DDR 400 512MB (BOUGHT FROM LAMINGTON ROAD MUMBAI!!!)
GeForce Fx 5700Le(BOUGHT FROM LAMINGTON ROAD MUMBAI !!!)
SAMSUNG / SEAGATE (PUMA/BARACUDA)(SATA)80 GB (NOT BOUGHT!!!)
COMBO or MAYBE (CD writer & DVD ROM DRIVE !!!) (NOT BOUGHT!!)
SMPS - company????? WATTS ?????? (NOT BOUGHT!!)
UPS - COMPANY ???? 500va or 600 va????? (NOT BOUGHT!!!)

The ASUS K8N-E DELUXE does not support DUAL DDR MODE!!!
IT has only 3 RAM SLOTS !!! And anyway within 3 odd months i would Upgarde RAM to 1gb(Transcend DDR 400 512Mb x 2) !!!
I have tried to ake the system powerful according to my budget and very much future proof !!!

i will upgrade to Best card around in a year'z time.
2Gb o RAM !! the 3700+ processor !!!
then with this kinda config the Baby Will Rock !!!

Cheers !!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
King_Niral said:
Frontech is available here !!! hey Watz the cost of i box approx ???

plz guys ne1 has a config like mine ??? coz i still have 2 pick up my processor and i had gone 2 this computer guy and he told me i made a mistake selecting AMD !!! he says it still has the overheating burning out problem !!!!

I am a bit worried so i have thought to blow it wit fans from every angle !!! Even DRILL into the case to fit faNs !!!

mr King_Niral your congiguration looks pretty good

Thanx expertno.1 !!!

PLz help me !!!!

Dude puttung in more nd more fan is not the one.In fact if wrongly done it can get more worse.Arrange three fans this way.At the lower part or in the front a fan intaking air.....cpu fan (leave it as is)...then a fan just besibe cpu fam with air outward direction.
And AMD is best but everybody donno hot to assemble it.I have an amd athlon xp 2200+,AMD 64 3000+ and Athlon xp 1800+.The highest temp i ve ever noticed is 49c that too with 1800+.And I dont use any special cooling solution.

I am getting an intex ups for Rs1650 and Numerice for Rs2200 I knw Numeric is GOOD but is INTEX sufficiet for my NEEDS ????

Cheers !!!!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude puttung in more nd more fan is not the way.In fact if wrongly done it can get more worse.Arrange three fans this way.At the lower part or in the front a fan intaking air.....cpu fan (leave it as is)...then a fan just besibe cpu fam with air outward direction.
And AMD is best but everybody donno hot to assemble it.I have an amd athlon xp 2200+,AMD 64 3000+ and Athlon xp 1800+.The highest temp i ve ever noticed is 49c that too with 1800+.And I dont use any special cooling solution.

D

Deleted member 5901

expertno.1 said:
hey why not to go for 500 GB hard disk !

i will have to disagree !!! There is only 1 company who is making 500Gb and that is Hitachi !!! the cost of a P-ATA drive is $500 & S-ATA II which is S-ATA I compatible !!!

The cost of 6 S-ATA 80Gb drives works out to 18,000 !!! THATS A DIFFERENCE OF 5k+ SO I doubt any one will go in for a 500gb so soon !!!

If they require that muc of space they WILL DEFINETELY FOR 6 HDD's IN RAID !!! AND i think all of u will agree with me !!!!

Cheer !!! :wink: :!:

anomit

In the zone
There can be two causes behind your problem:

1. It is the problem of heating up as all others have mentioned.

2. This is a bit unique. You should check your computer if there is any file called reboot.exe. This is a virus.

magnet

Youngling
sidewinder said:
Dude puttung in more nd more fan is not the way.In fact if wrongly done it can get more worse.Arrange three fans this way.At the lower part or in the front a fan intaking air.....cpu fan (leave it as is)...then a fan just besibe cpu fam with air outward direction.

49c?????mine max gone to 70 c................amd xp 2600+......i also avoid overclk becoz of this temp...it remains mainly stable b/w 63 too 67........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom