SubTitles appearing late while playing DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Well I've quite a few DVDs on which sub-titles appear quite late with respect to the audio.

I tried in vain to find an option to delay subtitles but failed.

I play DVDs directly in the DVD-ROM. This happens with only some DVDs not all.

Can anybody help me fix this problem....

Thx in advance...

Biplav

In the zone
well if its a pre-loaded subtitle and it goes out of sync with video then its an error done while the insertion of the subtitle in the video while creating it.;so basically it cant be modified.wat u can do is wat nikhil said.
its the more usual thing tat we do: as we download movies frm net,we download subtiltes separately frm diff sites(make a google search)and then insert it in movie(i use crystal player it has an option to attach subtitle to movie)

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

Okie I got ur point.

The subtitles r in-built with the DVD.

I also thought that the DVD was itself faulty.

legolas

Padawan
a_to_z_123, is your DVD the original edition? if so i dont think there shud be any problems... it may be the other way round too.. the audio getting delayed... did u see that the audio o/p synched with the actors' ?? i and many of u wud hav experienced this prblem at times.. the audio losing track of! may be u cud try again to make sure. also is the delay constant?

and i hav seen possibility of delaying subtitles in DVD rip movies where we additionally add subtitles and play with vobsub... in VLC media player.. thats real good option... hope something is available for DVDs too..

/legolas

sourcecode

Broken In
I downloaded some subtitles n I played it with the DivX movie in VLC Player. There is a certain time lag b/w the subtitles and the dialog delivery. Its the subtitle which comes late.I saw an option to delay the time further for the subtitles bt none to gt it early.I tried giving -ve time also bt to no avail. Plz help

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Boss, use Gspot to find out the Framerate. Then d/l the subtitle for that Framerate and then view with VLC player.

legolas

Padawan
wel incase of any non-DVD movies... like xvid etc... u can use "subtitle workshop" to get the delays etc right! i hav editied over 50 subtitles to get them right! :)

Subtitle Woskshop

/legolas

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

Actually the audio isn't outta sync wid the video. Only the STs appear late.
And yeah, they are pirated ones. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom