Sub-Woofer placement near CPU (not shielded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrash_metal

In the zone
Heres my problem , I have a Logitech Z5500 speaker set . The sub-woofer is not magnetically shielded . Now comes the placemtn of this unit . Check out the attachment , will there be any problems if I keep it in position 1 near the CPU ? A person once told me tht doing so might damage the CPU and Hdds . Is it true ?

Last edited:

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Yes. Placement of Magnetically Unshielded Spealer near CPU, Monitor, UPS can cause prob.

Placement near CPU can damage Floppy or HDD.
Placement near Monitor can cause color distortion in Monitor.
Placement near UPS can result in Humming &/or Buzz sound in Woofer &/or Satellite.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Ideally a sub woofer should be placed in a corner where it'll give you the best performance (done the same with my atp3), well me too would keep the woofer away from the cabinet .Position 2 looks ideal to me.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
^agreed.. also a sub-woofer does not need to be close for more volume. it affects the whole room where ever it is(atleast a decent quality one)

and by the looks of ur diagram i dont think that u will have prob with any position. as i understand both positions are below the computer table and the CPU is on the Table... so that distance is long enough. there is no point in keeping the woofer on ur computer table anyways...

i have had my woofer in both positions for long time and no probs..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom