Style XP, ObjectDock, IconX, CursorXP, Windows Blinds 5 Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner

Broken In
The above (title) are the software I loaded onto my PC. StyleXP, CursorXP and IconX worked fine. WB5 and Object Dock encountered problems. ObjectDock didn't appear at all, and WB5 skins kept going off track - as in had errors sometimes. I unloaded all of them and now I've installed WB4.5 (full) , ObjectDock, and Cursor XP and am not encountering any problems. But can someone tell me why the programs clashed and how I can solve the problem if it arises again ?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
you are bound to have problems if you act like this and fill your pc with so many programs ffor doing the same purpose and that too programs which change windows system files .. dude stop using 10 such programs at a time and use any decent one. these programs modify the system files and can lead to system instability even if u use only 1 of them and man you loaded so many of them at once. it was bound to happen. i suggest you do a clean reinstall of your OS and keep any one of the programs that you like from these.

kato

Karthiksn
Its not necessary that his computer had problems bcoz he installed too many sofware it might just be that his hardware cant keep up with all the softwares dude tell ur config and i think there are many Desktop modders in our forum and they have atleast five to six such apps working constantly also they have heavier stuff(by heavier i mean heavier on system).
Dude remember if u have low RAM and slow proccy dont fill it with so many desktop enhancers it will kill ur computer and take it froma guy who recently killed his computer bcoz of it

anandk

Distinguished Member
i have all the above installed on my dektop. remove all of them from the from startups. and make sure at one time u use either from stardock family or stylexp family.

OP
Gunner

Gunner

Broken In
I got a tip stating Stardock and StyleXP clash. Well, it's not happening this time, and I'm not keen to try it in the near future either.

gaurav_sood91

Broken In
actually, there is no specific use for it so its always better not to have any of them. they just use a lot of system resources. but if u want, u may install Windows Blinds. its good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom