stupid Softice

Status
Not open for further replies.

willthiswork89

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys, a while back about 6 months ago i decided to go into the whole cracking scene, it was gay and especially softice was gay. i ended up using OllyDBG. anyways, now i have a game im wanting to play and it says it wont open with debuggers present. Ive uninstalled through control panel, searched in the registry for Winice,ntice, SoftIce. deleted all registry entries to any of those. searched my computer with a file searcher, Ntice, winice,softice. try my game to no prevail. im beginning to get really ticked off because i spent alot of money on this game, 120 dollars worth. Skype also says the same thing to me.i cant go back with restore because it was so long ago and i dunno what else to do... so i hope someone here can give me a little more in depth look at beating this **** out of my pc! thanks guys

faraaz

Evil Genius
Re-install windows and or restore a backed up copy of your registry...this usually works.

Don't have a backup copy of your registry!! You've been fubar'd!

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
You may have other program installed with debugger....

After uninstalling Softice, you shouldn't have thsi problem...

Make sure softice is uninstalled properly..

Make sure you dont have "Unlocker Assistant" running, if you have Unlocker installed....

You can also ask for help from the game support website or telephone, if you have one...

Sykora

I see right through you.
I've been through this before. SoftIce is a very powerful, perhaps too powerful. I'm sorry, but the only way I had out of it was to reinstall windows.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Also, try closing programs(with the help of task manager) one by one and try launching the game, to find out which program is acting as a debugger....

planetcall

Indian by heart
Neither SICE nor Reverse Engineering is gay. LOL its you who played with Ring 0 debugger without having any understanding of the challenge on hand. Stop crying as a kid and stop blaming something you could not get hold of. Sice is much more powerful than you can imagine and the complexity of RE is much more exponential than the excitement of having a cracked software.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
planetcall said:
Neither SICE nor Reverse Engineering is gay. LOL its you who played with Ring 0 debugger without having any understanding of the challenge on hand. Stop crying as a kid and stop blaming something you could not get hold of. Sice is much more powerful than you can imagine and the complexity of RE is much more exponential than the excitement of having a cracked software.

what ppl don't get is that soft's like SoftICE n Olly r KERNEL mode debuggers so if u do even a slight mistake with them they can wreck havoc on ur system as the most damage will be done to the core(aka kernel) of ur installation.

it's better to instal a separate copy of Windows for development(as most developers do)

planetcall

Indian by heart
^^ Update : Olly is a ring 3 debugger and it operates at normal user level. It is not a kernel level debugger as opposed to SICE. Olly might not do too much damage with the system with proper privileges and securities enforced but SICE could be fatal any moment it is mishandled.

*forumprog.free.fr/GS_e4ff864dac21276d2991bfb466f37adf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom