Stupid proxy servers!! need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_freak

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys..i recently got this blazing fast net connection from my compnay..n being a hardcore gamer i m i want to play games on it in my free time..but the problem is the connection is through a proxy server..as in i have to give proxy settings on all net based applications even IE..but games like CS and TF2 dun have ne such settings..so dey dun even detect a connection...need ur urgent help in countering this...

PS: just to show off i get speeds like 350-450 kbps while downloading stuff with ne accelerator :)

ne help regarding this will be very much appriciated, Thanks.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Using company provided bandwidth to download and play multiplayer games is against internet usage policies of most companies. If your network team monitors the usage, this issue can get escalated to a much higher level (managers and above) and you can face disciplinary action. Do it at your own risk.

hsetir

Broken In
CS 1.6 won't utilize much of bandwidth that it be of concern to the company. But your time sure would be.
Proxies keep only certain ports open so most probably you won't be able to play. You can try using paid version of http-tunnel to bypass that and use proxifier to set proxy for CS1.6. Not sure though.

OP
P

psycho_freak

Right off the assembly line
neah...the use i put my connection is all upto me..its for my personal n i have no such restriction about its usage :)but the only problem is of the stupid proxy..neways thanks a lot for all ur help guys..i guess i'll have to live with it now :(thnx..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom