stree dvds problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

akitosforever

Broken In
I purchased a dvd frm the rd of mumbai which had 5 movies in it , now it has a crack in it (physical crak)so i need to bak up all the movies which software will do the needful ,
Can the full dvd be replicated having same quality within one or 2 or 3 blank discs(cdS)
Is it necessary to rip it completely and then convert it into various formats or there is sum option to directly rip it in desired format or other vcd formats which occupy less space.
I know there r several similar topics in the forum but cudnt find it so threads wil also be help full.
Also wat is .vob ,is it video format and does it need .ifo.
[/code]

theraven

Technomancer
??
A CRACK ?
not even a SCRATCH ?
no drive will read a cracked dvd m8 as far as i know ...

however if it works
then there are topics u can easily find here
anyways first u need a ripper to rip those VOB files from the dvd ...
VOB's are to DVD's like MPG's are to VCD's
for thise use either smart ripper / dvd decrypter
now this will automatically select the longest file as the movie to be ripped ( usually each movie will have 2-3 VOB's in the case of these multicompilation discs )
rip the movie to a folder. .. again use the software ... select a diff movie and rip it to a diff folder
ull know what im talkin abt when u use the software ... it shows length of each "chapter" which will each be above 1.5 hours ofcourse .. so u know those are ur movie files

now with the VOB's in tact .... follow this

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5338

now u have to follow these steps to make ur avi or vcd .... u have to go thru the step of saving the VOB's on ur HDD ...
cuz even if u do it directly ... those files are gonna get saved temporarily on ur hdd anyways

converting each movie will take 2 cds fr a VCD for english movies .. and 3 for hindi depending on the length of the movie ofcourse
the video quality will be good
its ur audio quality that'll suffer
specially since these dvd's already have low quality audio
anyways to make a 5.1 channel SVCD follow this

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8806

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Never put a cracked cd/dvd in a drive...The rpm at which it spins is enough to blow it to pieces. Btw, this happened to my friend. Anyway it's pirated.. :D

ice

In the zone
Umm, I doubt it will have vobs, its has friggin 5 movies in it. for all u know, the seller has just dumped 5 avis into it.

Btw, if it is cracked, how did ur pc read it?

OP
A

akitosforever

Broken In
no man it is very slight crack at the centre plastic part,any ways the movies are in the proper dvd format,and any more suggestion on my original querry

OP
A

akitosforever

Broken In
the main querry is """Can the full dvd be replicated having same quality within one or 2 or 3 blank discs(cdS)
Is it necessary to rip it completely and then convert it into various formats or there is sum option to directly rip it in desired format or other vcd formats which occupy less space. """

OP
A

akitosforever

Broken In
the main querry is """Can the full dvd be replicated having same quality within one or 2 or 3 blank discs(cdS)
Is it necessary to rip it completely and then convert it into various formats or there is sum option to directly rip it in desired format or other vcd formats which occupy less space. """

theraven

Technomancer
JEESUSS CHRIST what are u ... blind ???
read my post clearly !!

@ice ... no dude .. they have vob's not avis
these dvd's work on normal dvd players
they use compressed ac3 for audio ... which makes a lot of diff

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ice - No the movies are not in avi formats. I think I know which DVD he is talkin abt as well...I had the same...I wondered the same thing as to if they are just 5 AVI's they werent. And the best thing is my DVD player which is 3 years old played it all without a hitch...fancy that....

akit - IF you want to convert it to VCD try ur luck...doubt its gonna happen with a crack in the middle. And each movie has to be ripped but it can be directly ripped into a desired format such as mpg or avi thats ur issue. But quality will be lost when convered into a VCD. So since each of these movies will be above the designated 80 mins Its impossible to sutff the movie in one CD. so you will need 2 CD's per movie. Which is 10 CD's mate.

kaysquare

Journeyman
DVD Decrypter can do the job for you. Put the DVD in the drive and DVD Decrypter can rip them.

If u have Nero Recode it can convert VOBs to MPEG2 files.

Then it depends on how u want to store them.

Also try dvd shrink but u may lose quality

mozozozo

Right off the assembly line
I think the movies are just copies from pirated VCDs. no way you can fit 5 mpg2 movies in one DVD with 5.1 surround. even if they are DVD quality pictures the sound will be just stereo. i have seen lots of this crap.

theraven

Technomancer
@mozozozo are u blind ? or are u just playin stupid ?
theraven said:
these dvd's work on normal dvd players
they use compressed ac3 for audio ... which makes a lot of diff
READ FIRST BEFORE MAKIN ILLEGITIMATE COMMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom