Streaming Music on the LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Need help . I want to play a music file on one computer and it should playback on some other computers connected to the first via a LAN . Pls suggest any software for doing this. (freeware prefrable) and how to use it. Thanks in Advance

choudang

Padawan
first i didn't get you pro'ly. what do you want, other computers will start to play automatically when you start to play a song on a computer in the same network? or u will store some music in a particular PC in a network and that files should be playable from other PCs.

if the 2nd one, i think you don't have to go for a streaming software. make that folder as shared and play directly using WinAmp or other MP3 players.

geekysage

Journeyman
warrior has already covered the bases but you can still refer to this nice tutorial on streaming over LAN:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19338

theraven

Technomancer
all u need to do is share the drive which has the music files
then over the network access it using \\ip address\share name
then u need to map the network drive
this will create a new drive in ur my documents
now all u need to do is access this newly created drive and add the song to ur playlist

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thanks Geekysage that tutorial was exactly what i needed

Sorry about the bad phrasing actually I wanted to stream the file from one computer to another so that it plays in sync on all the computers. By the way the tutorial tells how to play only one file is there any way to make a playlist of songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom